Weird beeps on startup

Holysky

Fully Optimized
we have gotten a Dell Hybrid ( NOT MY IDEA!!!) and whenever it starts up, it makes sounds like Mr. Game and Watch ( i know weird comparison). It has some problem like IOLO shutting down out of nowhere and also the internet at sometimes. I know the HDD makes weird sound when it fails, but whats up with it still working?

I don't know what you are talking about. :confused: Can you describe the sound a little better. Is it a beeping noise, a loud/broken fan noise, a screeching noise? Is it coming out of the speakers or out of the actual computer?

no, well... its hard to decride the dound. it is coming from my pc and not the speakers. Why would i want to tell everyone i have a dell hybrid it fuggin sucks lol. anyway i don't know how to describe the sound.

its kinda like a ticking beep

are they the same beeps every time you try to turn it on?
whats the sequence? like 8 short beeps, etc.

Are you talking about POST? Computers usually do that. It's basically code for identifying errors.

One beep, you're good. More than one, then the system has encountered a problem at post and it's letting you know. Beep codes are as varied as the bios chips themselves. Count the beeps and make note of short and long beeps.
Get the name off the bios chip and the numbers and go to thier website. You may have to root around some sites to get to the code chart but most of the time it's worth the trouble.

One beep, you're good. More than one, then the system has encountered a problem at post and it's letting you know. Beep codes are as varied as the bios chips themselves. Count the beeps and make note of short and long beeps.
Get the name off the bios chip and the numbers and go to thier website. You may have to root around some sites to get to the code chart but most of the time it's worth the trouble.

not unless you put an internal speaker in there, it beeps for every USB that you have plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom