George Monks

David Lindon

Golden Master
Hey to everybody at CF
It is me George
Now I have been looking through the forums again like everyday but I looked at some archives and saw that SIN_AFTER_SIN had posted a welcome and had posted a link to his "forum" well yes it is his forum but he is using my name to think I am the one going "fuck" or saying roud things about other people because at the end of the day if he posts roud things under my name It is me who will get the blame not him.
So I just wanted to post that and No I dont spam anymore not AT ALL some of you say you do and find links to places where I have recently but if you do it wont be by me It will be by somebody using my name.
So I just wanted to say that and let Shanaya post it not me because that would mean me signing up and then a moderator taking the effort to ban me.
So thanks for reading.
George

I just received this from george saying its been 6 months since he spammed not and asking for another change. What does everyone think?

2 reasons why he should never be let back

1)certain members just wouldnt drop it and carry on being a jerk to him even if he was being given a chance
2)permenant should mean permenant IMO

Hell no ... a permaban is a permaban. If we give George Monks another chance, then what good is a permaban? Then why not bring Furby back? Sin after sin? I think it is foolish and shows that the moderators would be willing to cave in after laying down the law. I vote no more chances.

He dug his grave and now he must face the consequences. He is gone permanently as it is without prejudice.

Hell no ... a permaban is a permaban. If we give George Monks another chance, then what good is a permaban? Then why not bring Furby back? Sin after sin? I think it is foolish and shows that the moderators would be willing to cave in after laying down the law. I vote no more chances.

He dug his grave and now he must face the consequences. He is gone permanently as it is without prejudice.

agreed

I never met the fellow so really my opinion is void. Regardless, I'll state it.

I assume he got a permaban for spamming. I think rules should be enforced and he shouldn't come back, however, I've heard that a few members have gotten a second chance (I'm not sure how true this is). Assuming the previous statement holds true, I'd like to inquire on how long he has been banned and how bad the offense was. It is also true that he has been asking permission to come back quite often. Contrastingly to the this statement, he claims to have remained quiet for 6 months. Ultimately, I don't see a harm in giving him a trial period which would remain known only to the administrator, David. If he steps out of line, permaban, and this time for real. Unfortunately, the problem I see with this is that people who have known him and were present when his offense was committed will not willingly forget his behaviour and will, whether they want to or not, have a biased opinion. Their reports could ultimately lead to a undeserved permaban.

Footnote: The bolded part would only be done assuming his offense wasn't too serious and it happened a while ago 18+ months. I do believe people can change, but I don't believe they can change in such a short time span. In my mind, that time span would be at least 1.5 years or so (and that is if they are adamant about it)

Joga, I think you bring up some valid points, but I stand behind my uttermost point.

I definitely agree that a permaban is a permaban. I stated it so. But from what I've heard, there were a few members that came back from a permaban. If this statement is false, then by all means keep this guy out of the forum. Otherwise, I think he deserves a second chance just as the others got, assuming his offense was similar in damage and he has been without any contact (annoying David about coming back, creating multiple accounts, etc) with CF for more than 18 months. Anything less means he does not feel adamantly about changing his behavior and will, most likely, commit it once again.

Well if he can stay away from CF and mature himself for 18 months, I would take it to consideration. But as it is right now, he has been highly unsuccessful in 6 months. The Mod Squad has banned so many George accounts it isn't funny. I'm not sure about other members being let back, so I can't speak about that. But just the sheer fact that he keeps creating accounts and asking for another chance (this isn't the first time he's done it) completely turns me off at the thought of reinstating his account. This guy just won't take no for an answer and he is getting under David's skin.

Back
Top Bottom