build me a pc...

sweet! i got 2 red bars!

Anyway, it's probably a good thing that you can't find that assignment on your computer, this guy just wants a freebie.
id PB you if i had the power. sadly i dont.
i wasnt asking for a freebie. i was asking what hardware i should write about. id still be doing the assignment, id just have some tips on what hardware to choose.
if you have a problem with that then **** off :)

maybe a 7200rpm hdd, some fast ram, and an 8800 gpu or better?

apparently they have secured finance, so my lecturer said there isnt really a limit, but make it realistic.
i could go 64 bit i guess.

make sure you do dual 23in monitors !!! lol, anyways sorry for the misinterpretation dude_se

Realistic is hard to define when parts you are getting will be used for testing. Usually people will want the best. I'll give top performance.

HD4870X2 XFire
Intel i7 965
Asus P6T Deluxe with OC Palm (only $40 more)
G. Skill 6GB (3x2GB)

These 4 items leave around $500 on the budget for other components.

If it's based on a workstation card (most likely if you're doing dev) switch out the card in the previous set up for this one:Quadro FX5500. Next best would be the Quadro FX4600 (my dad has 2 of those running in his computer at work).

Overall, I think these are realistic builds for college projects.

btw. i dont actually have to build this.
the brief is:

Your company specializes in graphic design, manipulation and production; digital imagery and sound. You need to design a workshop/demonstration area for your company in terms of specifying the computing hardware and network solution. (Please do not get carried away and produce a stunning piece of interior design!) The workshop area is where your 10 staff will work on a variety of software applications and games consoles. They will work with graphical software and also write simple applications for games based consoles. The demonstration capability is so that your staff can demonstrate their work to a party of up to 16 clients at one time, allowing interactive inspection of the work.

You need to suggest hardware platforms, and network infrastructure taking into account bandwidth issues.

... ill check out the links in the morning. cheers ... downloading gta has melted my brain.

Back
Top Bottom