GTA IV - Steam or CD?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So as some of you might know GTA IV is less then 10h away from being released via Steam. Right now they are doing a special, where if you pre order it now you will get a free Vice City to go with it :)

For some reason I always tried to get all major games on a physical CD, but this time im feeling tempted to get it from Steam, just because it will save me a trip to Game Stop and I get a free Vice City to go with it, also the Idea of having a game tied up to your steam account and not worried about loosing your CD down the road also sounds appealing.

So what you guys think, Steam or CD?

Probably Steam then, but I'm like you in preffering a physical disc to my name, but that said, physical disc's scratch over time and become unplayable.
As long as their backup servers remain running, your game is there forever.

Though, if Steam was ever to close, in like 10 years time or whatever (even though you probably wouldn't be playing the game anymore), you wouldn't even have evidence you had it in the first place.

doesnt steam games have this feature where it creates an install disc of the game you downloaded and burn it onto a dvd? I think steam also gives you an CD key too.

Steam. You save gas and get a free game lol

true that.

Probably Steam then, but I'm like you in preffering a physical disc to my name, but that said, physical disc's scratch over time and become unplayable.
As long as their backup servers remain running, your game is there forever.

Though, if Steam was ever to close, in like 10 years time or whatever (even though you probably wouldn't be playing the game anymore), you wouldn't even have evidence you had it in the first place.

You totally right about scratching. If I can have this game available to me for 10 years, I think really will be getting my money worth at the end lol, 10 YEARS!! lol

doesnt steam games have this feature where it creates an install disc of the game you downloaded and burn it onto a dvd? I think steam also gives you an CD key too.

Never heard about the Burn onto DVD feature... & have no clue about the CK key... can someone confirm this plz?

I'm not really a Steam fan. I've heard too many horror stories. A physical CD/DVD will always be more reliable. Even if you scratch it up, technically you should be able to torrent it and just use your legal product key.

Thank u all.

I did it VIA steam, downloading now! This game is so huge!!!

Steam forsure, great way to keep all your games organized, and no need to worry about CD's and shit.

Back
Top Bottom