External HDD Woes

does it show up in disk management (Control Panel\Administrative Tools\computer management) ?

Ya it shows up but when i try to create a new partition it says "The operation cannot be completed because the disk is not initalized."

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Well Vista (how sad is that) won't let me format to Fat32 for some reason or another.

Just for craps and giggles, is the drive still working on the Mac? It's almost starting to sound like a hard drive issue.

ya it still works on the mac i just plugged in and everything worked fine.
But when i tried to make a new partition through Disk Management it shows me everything about my drive File system, size, brand everything but it will not show up in my computer.

Thank you guys for all of your help iv'e figured it out and have it back up and running. the only reason i needed help is because i am downgrading to XP today and i needed it to move my files over to my new OS. Thanks again. =-)

Thank you guys for all of your help iv'e figured it out and have it back up and running. the only reason i needed help is because i am downgrading to XP today and i needed it to move my files over to my new OS. Thanks again. =-)

Glad I could help.

Back
Top Bottom