What do you think of my website?

I think you have lots of Ads
You have more ads than reviews....work on adding some more content.

That's true. Plus the content which is on there should ping up on the homepage automatically maybe as a title and teaser.

The ad on the right side is there because I'm using a free web hosting service.
I'll be getting a paid subscription soon with webcity.com.au

And the ad on the bottom is there because I applied for Google Adsense.
I'm in the process of reviewing:
Creative Gigaworks T40 2.0 Speakers
Razer Lachesis Mouse
Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

I've made some drafts, it's just exams are this week, I've done 3 exams and I got 3 left, so when I'm done I'll have more time to add more content.

Anything else I should ad other than reviews?

The ad on the right side is there because I'm using a free web hosting service.
I'll be getting a paid subscription soon with webcity.com.au

And the ad on the bottom is there because I applied for Google Adsense.
I'm in the process of reviewing:
Creative Gigaworks T40 2.0 Speakers
Razer Lachesis Mouse
Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

I've made some drafts, it's just exams are this week, I've done 3 exams and I got 3 left, so when I'm done I'll have more time to add more content.

Anything else I should ad other than reviews?

Looks good so far! You can worry about the ads once you switch to a paid host, for now just keep developing; I think you could use something dynamic on it that allows for user input. Any chance of scripting for PHP/DB interaction with this free host? Doesn't need a forum necessarily (might be fun, who knows), but some sort of CMS would keep more regular user traffic I think. But you've done a really good job designing it. Like the theme, and the reviews are well done (so add some more!)

Looks good so far! You can worry about the ads once you switch to a paid host, for now just keep developing; I think you could use something dynamic on it that allows for user input. Any chance of scripting for PHP/DB interaction with this free host? Doesn't need a forum necessarily (might be fun, who knows), but some sort of CMS would keep more regular user traffic I think. But you've done a really good job designing it. Like the theme, and the reviews are well done (so add some more!)

Thanks for the reply, I might be switching to paid service soon.
I'm writing up some reviews soon and when I upgrade to paid host I'll start using my own scripts and stuff.

I think it's pretty good for a 13 year old newbie ;)
I love writing reviews on tech stuff, I'll be writing up some more soon once I get my exams over and done with this week.

Thanks all for the input! :D

Thanks for the reply, I might be switching to paid service soon.
I'm writing up some reviews soon and when I upgrade to paid host I'll start using my own scripts and stuff.

I think it's pretty good for a 13 year old newbie ;)
I love writing reviews on tech stuff, I'll be writing up some more soon once I get my exams over and done with this week.

Thanks all for the input! :D

You have very good grammar for a 13 year old. I was rather surprised when you said that.

As for the site it's nice, the ad's aren't that bad except on the first page I would suggest fixing the layout a little if at all possible.
As for content or lack there of it's growing..
I would suggest adding TONS of reviews before advertising the website to any of your friends or submitting it to search engines.
Usually when sites go up that are not really people grabbing websites
(Well built websites) they some times crash and burn.

Keep up the good work though! Keep those reviews coming!

You have very good grammar for a 13 year old. I was rather surprised when you said that.

Pfft, the ages of alot of the members here suprise me. A lot of them act mature and stuff, well except for a few, *cough* Antdemo *cough*.

As for the site it's nice, the ad's aren't that bad except on the first page I would suggest fixing the layout a little if at all possible.
As for content or lack there of it's growing..
I would suggest adding TONS of reviews before advertising the website to any of your friends or submitting it to search engines.
Usually when sites go up that are not really people grabbing websites
(Well built websites) they some times crash and burn.

Keep up the good work though! Keep those reviews coming!

Hmm, I guess your right. Exams just finished today, so I have heaps of time. But there's only one thing..I might get grounded for failing Maths and just passing English :(
But we'll see, things should go smoothly now since Summers just around the corner. I'll start working on my site right now...

Back
Top Bottom