admin questions

I usually use the local security policy for that kind of stuff, although this requires a professional version of Windows. Click Start, Run, and type mmc. Then click File, Add/Remove Snapins (or something like that) and click Add. Choose "Local Security Policy" (XP) or Group Policy Editor (for Vista) and choose Local Computer. Click OK until you are back to the console. Expand Computer Configuration and basically go through the options and enable and disable stuff as you see fit for your scenario.

Is there a way to get fast user switching when this is installed

Yes, as a matter of fact I am almost certain that it prefers the Welcome screen and fast user switching. Basically when you install this you will specify an administrator account that will administer the security. That account will be hidden from the login screen. To get into it, you would force a classic login screen by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice and logging in from there. Each user can also have different security settings if memory serves me correctly.

I mean when i push the log off it just says log off and i want the log off and switch user option

Make sure "Turn on the Welcome Screen" is checked on the "Set Computer Permissions" screen. Also, go to Control Panel, go to User Accounts, Click "Change the Way Users Log On and Off This Computer" or something like that and make sure that Enable Fast User Switching is checked. I've never used this version and I am on a domain so I can't do fast user switching.

Back
Top Bottom