bios update

the 2 fans blow in to the case
passive cooler??
room temp shouldnt be much

il have to check out cpuz

OK, whats going on is the passive heatsink vents to the atmosphere and relies on good airflow to remove the heated air, instead of doing this your fans are forcing the hot air to "pool" inside the case, the cpu fan also can't disperse heat because of the heated interior of the case, they all get hotter, the heat has nowhere to go so they get hotter still until it finally crashes.

Flip both those fans over so they vent out of the case then check your temps while running prime95 small fft's once more, I'm sure you'll see a great improvement.

I'm also not a fan of cases on carpet, you should at least have a board or something between the carpet and the case.

no worries mate, lets just hope this is the cure you've been looking for and it works.

;)

EDIT: That screenies says 2.256v for vcore, that can't be true can it?

What is your vcore set to in the bios?

It should be around 1.35v - 1.45v to the best of my knowledge, if it is indeed 2.256v you're lucky it's still running

WTF???

That is the voltage then??? Really???

Man you're going to kill it in a short time at that voltage.

That'll be a major part of your problem too then, that high a voltage will cause excessive heat which will build up as above, you must have a death wish for your pc.

no the last reply wasnt about the cpu lol.
i just went to my bios

i went to advance> jumperfree then advanced voltage control (i think thats what im ment to go 2)

and this is what is said:
CPU/ chipset voltage 1.20v
chipset core voltage 1.40v
chipset standby core voltage 1.40v
chipset pci-e voltage 1.50
CPU vcore offset voltage (disabeled)

ok well i just checked CPUz and its reading around 1.20
another edit... well when i start prime95 the core voltage jumps to 2.256v and stays this high until i restart my computer

Is that the default bios settings?

2.256V seems unusually high to me.

I'd reset the bios to default to check if it were mine, I don't know much about AMD processors so I may be wrong and the AMD site is terrible to navigate, I couldn't find any info about the vcore maximum for your cpu on there.

It could also be a glitch in cpuz, what does something like Everest or Speedfan show the vcore as under prime95 load?

Did you reverse the fans yet? If yes, did your temps drop?

Back
Top Bottom