Get Vista or wait

Austinn1

Daemon Poster
I am building a new desktop. Should I get vista now? Or wait till windows 7 comes out and just put ubuntu on it?

Although Microsoft is saying that everybody should use Vista, I would say wait. Windows 7 is gonna be close enough to look like Vista without all the performance issues. To my knowledge you would only be waiting around a year.

I was actually planning to install Vista Business on my Macbook. They completely killed any potential customers by announcing Windows 7.

They've ironed out the problems in Vista. It's getting better. Trust me, I used to hate it. I'm getting Windows 7 when it comes out. I'll build a new PC for it.

i was also wondering if i should get it or not. i have it on my laptop but its ok. i think im just going to go with xp sp3 i guess. i dont utilize all of the features very much, not my thing...wait

If you have money, you can get both. I don't think 7 will be perfect when it comes out. They will time just like they do with every other OS. I'll be waiting for service pack 1 on that as well.

The deadline for the release of windows 7 will get pushed back as always IMO.

I still need to get Vista. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me which one of the RAM's I chose is better. I just ordered a new case, power supply, and card. Why not upgrade the OS, as well?

Back
Top Bottom