Another RAM Problem

rohan23

Fully Optimized
They don't have my HyperX in a 2x2GB. Is it okay to mix 2 companies with the same voltage and timings? Or, should I just buy a 1066 2x2GB kit? I know it will run at 800. As long as it will work without problems.

I keep reading that there is a chance of memory problems and instabilities. Should I just go for a 1066 kit? I called up Kingston. The guy told me a single channel and a dual channel setup with work at once.

They don't have my HyperX in a 2x2GB. Is it okay to mix 2 companies with the same voltage and timings? Or, should I just buy a 1066 2x2GB kit? I know it will run at 800. As long as it will work without problems.

As long as they are the same size, voltage, and timings, you can dual channel.

I'm sure you can run 2 different brands. I've had that on my computer for a while and it runs fine.

As long as they are the same size, voltage, and timings, you can dual channel.

What do you mean by the same size? I can't run 2x1gb in single channel and 2x2gb in dual? So, 1066 will work fine as long as it's running at the same timings as my other stick?

Your 2x2GB would dual-channel because they are both 2GB. I meant just that lane, not the entire motherboard. I believe I have 2X1GB + 2X256MB all dual channel. :confused:

So, which one of these options is the best for my DDR2-800 2x1GB Kingston HyperX sticks at a 4-4-4-12 timing at 2.0V? Please consider price and performance.

OCZ SLI Ready Memory (Got great reviews from all the sites.)

Patriot Extreme

If anyone wants to buy my current 2 sticks at a great price. I can upgrade to 1066. If not, I'll stick to my original plan.

Back
Top Bottom