Asus 780G HDMI

$65 + free shipping! Should I get this? I don't really game so my nVidia 8600GT was really a waste. I could have lasted with an nVidia 440MX. This board will not only come with onboard video but is also SB700!!!!! I could then simply sell my 8600GT & my Biostar A770 A2+ (both have been used very gently, SYS (chipset) temps were 35C tops). I think I could maybe get $100 for them. This would be a $35 profit in my case. Should I do it? I need to pick it up today because it's on discount.

Asus 780G HDMI
eVGA 8600GT (still under warranty)
Biostar A770 A2+ (perfect working condition)

edit: Also found this Foxconn with good reviews.

Are you running dual display's? if not then sell the 8600gt and get the 780G Asus, you will run less power, and cooler without a graphics card in there, and keep in mind they are used parts even though they are good parts.

+ in my opinion Asus is a much better brand than Biostar.

I'm running single display. I didn't realize how much prices dropped. I doubt I'll get $100. Maybe $80. That's still profit. My only worry is that I'm giving away a pearl. I OC'ed my processor about 20% on this motherboard. Newegg advertises it with a SB600, CPU-z tells me it's a SB700. I don't know which one it is now.

edit: I think I'm just going to keep this motherboard. Why get something new if this is working?

Very True!

I mean is there any reason to get this anyway? Is your system running fine as is? Or are you wanting to eliminate the graphics card entirely?

Well, I was hoping I could get a better motherboard for OC'ing while getting rid of my GPU. When I read the reviews for my motherboard, there are quite a few "Great OC board" so I came to the conclusion that my bottleneck could be the CPU itself.

edit: I'm going back to write a review and I just noticed that newegg lists my order as a Biostar A2+ A770. I come to look on my motherboard box and it says Biostar A2+ TA770. Lucky eh?

Back
Top Bottom