Teh Sky is smiling!

SDC10802.jpg

SDC10801.jpg

I Got these shots just then,Everyone in the souther hemisphere SHOULD be able to see this! It's really quite an awe to see! Jupiter and venus are the 2 dots you can see.

When it's darker i'll see if i can get some better shots.

thats pretty cool.
i sometimes wish i had an telescope so i can see the planets.

Im assuming that the bigger one is Jupiter?
Unless Jupiter is just that far away that its the smaller one and Venus is closer.
I shouldve payed attention in my astronomy class. :confused:

and a picture from nasa
VenJpt_beletsky.jpg

Night skies over Chilean mountain top observatories can be dark and clear, with glorious cosmic vistas. In this recent example, the plane of our Milky Way galaxy stretches parallel to the horizon, the galactic center's star clusters, dark dust clouds, and glowing nebulae hovering in the west. Recorded after sunset, the wedge of light extending upward through the scene is Zodiacal light, sunlight scattered by dust along the solar system's ecliptic plane. A faint meteor was also caught in the view, but approaching a conjunction, brilliant Venus and bright Jupiter dominate the skyscape. A close pairing through this weekend, by Monday, December 1, they will be joined by the young crescent Moon. Look west after sunset and the tight celestial triangle formed by Moon, Venus, and Jupiter, the three brightest beacons in the night, will be a spectacular sight, even from bright-sky urban locations all over the world.

Kinda wished it told me which one was Venus and which one was Jupiter

Im Assuming the bigger one is jupiter,jupiter is one of the largest planets in our solar system.

yeah, i know that, but sometimes the smaller closer ones appear bigger than the farther bigger one.
is it turning night there or something?

looking at those pictures just reminded me, but on Saturday night here in Brampton when i was driving out to dinner...i looked in the sky and there were 2 very very bright dots/stars or something in the sky. Anyone know what they could be?

O...jupitar and venus eh...how come we can see them so close??

O...jupitar and venus eh...how come we can see them so close??
its because how the planets rotate around the sun. They rotate more of an oval, so sometime planets are closer once every few years or so. Like how sometimes neptune and uranus switch places.

that is beatification, I love space so much and dam man, I have no good telescope, one day I will spend alot just for space.

thanks for the picture, great

its because how the planets rotate around the sun. They rotate more of an oval, so sometime planets are closer once every few years or so. Like how sometimes neptune and uranus switch places.

ic ic :)

Back
Top Bottom