Looking for a low resource firewall

Jk

In Runtime
Well I've been using Zone Alarm for awhile now and I've had no problems with viruses but I now use Kubuntu more for the internet and Windows more for games and such. I'm looking to find a firewall that uses less resources (More concerned with RAM) than Zone Alarm. It sits at around 21M RAM usage most of the time with most of the unnecessary scanners and Virus protection.

I'm also thinking of changing my virus protection also. Nod32 is using up about 29M of RAM right now.

Any Ideas guys? Thanks in advance.

For AV I like Kaspersky - low resource, I only run it when I need it - really finds everything.

Windows XP Firewall has always worked fine for me, although there is no outbound filtering - I'm assuming you've tried it before though? I will look around for you and try to find a 3rd party one with some decent credibility.

If you're using Windows XP then I recommend Sygate Personal Firewall. It's very user friendly and isn't bloated with useless features like zonealarm.

I never had any problems with windows firewall but I would like more settings. I'll look into kaspersky and see if I like it. Sygate is the firewall norton had before they started to suck right? I've heard lots of good things about that firewall and I was going to get that firewall but I thought that there was no more support (as in updates).

Anyone here ever use panda? I also heard good things about that firewall but I haven't heard about how well it uses resources.

Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom