Car Thread!

Nah, he just needs a decent digital camera instead of using his camera phone. :p

True, but DSLR cameras are so nice if you want really good car pictures.

Pictures like this...

3018143684_2a57a1978c_o.jpg

Guaranteed Photoshop helped somewhere in that picture.

I still need a DSLR though. That's they only thing on my Christmas list.

Yeah, the photographer did use photoshop, but you still need a DSLR to get that kind of clarity and sharpness in a picture. Not to mention a huge resolution.

Wow, that photo does look really amazing... too bad its a Beamer in the picture... lol, jk, I love BMWs.
What is it that makes DSLRs so great?

This is my opinion, but classes don't mean anything. It's the pictures you take that count. Lighting is one of the biggest factors in your picture. The other things you have to take into account it ISO, aperture, and focus.

ISO is the sensitivity of the light sensor in your camera. The higher the value, the more noise there will be in your picture. DSLR camera's handle noise much better than point-and-shoot cameras.

Aperture controls how much light hits the sensor. The higher the number, the less light allowed inside the camera. F/2.8 would be low, F/8 would be high. The thing to remember with aperture is that the lower it is, the shallower your range of focus becomes. F/8 would have much more focused area than F/2.8.

Focus shouldn't really need to be explained. You adjust it depending on the distance of what you're shooting.

I would definitely add shutter speed in that list of yours. The faster the better. I wish I had one of those manual cameras where you set everything manually. It may be the DSLR; I don't know my cameras, I just know how to use them.

True, but DSLR cameras are so nice if you want really good car pictures.

Pictures like this...

3018143684_2a57a1978c_o.jpg

Another good thing about Dslrs demonstrated in that picture is in the right hands they are superior at making the subject of the picture stand out compared to the backdrop

btw not really a fan of the way that beamer looks in that pic

I would definitely add shutter speed in that list of yours. The faster the better. I wish I had one of those manual cameras where you set everything manually. It may be the DSLR; I don't know my cameras, I just know how to use them.

Knew I was forgetting something. Faster can be better or worse depending on what you're doing. If you have too fast of a shutter speed it makes your picture look completely still. Which is good for a lot of cases, but bad if you're trying to make something look like it's moving like this:

dai08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom