Striving for the top...

I think it's the mobo that causes the biggest limits in OCing. I have an E6300, that when it was popular, people were getting into the 3ghz range, but I can't get my mobo to go past 2.6ish ghz.

I got my E6300 to post at 3.4 Ghz, stable at 3.2. Then a BIOS update put a wall up at 420 FSB and I don't know which BIOS I previously had.

Well, I can't control that part of the FSB. My FSB is set at like 1500, but idk what it really is? Maybe I am doing it completely wrong, lol.

Because you have an Nvidia chipset, you have to adjust the rated FSB. Basically divide your number by 4 and you get your FSB.

Ah, I see, thanks. What voltage did you have yours at? I havent increased mine much, that might help I guess... What about memory?

Could my OC be bottlenecked by my PSU? Do you think that may be the reason why it won't be stable at 1.6-1.65V? Any programs that can check how much Watts/Amps my CPU is using at a certain time?

Is there any way to see more than just the top 30? For my CPU, they're all liquid nitrogen results. I'd like to see what they are on air. I've gotten my CPU to 3.9GHz before, not completely stable though.

Back
Top Bottom