Xtreme GAMINg pc, my budget is $2k

yes and what PSU are you planning on getting becuase you need a good one to power that awesome build

MOBO: MSI X58 Platinum ~ 220
CPU: Core i7 940 ~ 570
GPU: HD4870X2 ~ 490
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 6GB (3x2GB) 1333 ~ 225

This will leave $500 for you to spend on the rest of the system. If you don't mind losing 270MHz + OC MHz go with the Core i7 920 and save ~$300

Yes they were. Complete waste of $400.

If i downgrade the cpu I could just overclock it right? Would i notice a big diff in the gaming performance?

yes and what PSU are you planning on getting becuase you need a good one to power that awesome build

OH yeah I forgot about that one. Got any suggestions?

Right, but if you also think about you can OC the 940 to be even more of a beast than a 920 OC'ed. Yes, CPU's today are the bottleneck to GPUs. The more you can get out of it the better you will perform while gaming

Also if you didn't notice I changed the motherboard from the MSI X58 Platinum to the Asus Deluxe P6T (~$300).

Right, but if you also think about you can OC the 940 to be even more of a beast than a 920 OC'ed. Yes, CPU's today are the bottleneck to GPUs. The more you can get out of it the better you will perform while gaming

Also if you didn't notice I changed the motherboard from the MSI X58 Platinum to the Asus Deluxe P6T (~$300).

Hmmm....I dunno. I'm thinking maybe to go with a lowend i7 for now and then when the prices start dropping, I could upgrade it. But then when i think of it, that means I would have just wasted my money on the lowend i7 so it ends up probably being the same cost-wise.

How much could i clock the 920 to safely?

Back
Top Bottom