Xtreme GAMINg pc, my budget is $2k

Why would he not get the i7 processor? His budget is $2,000, he's going to want to futureproof it as much as possible. And eventually, you'll probably want to overclock. It's really not that difficult, and it's totally worth it.

On the other hand, don't get DDR3. It's not worth it yet, the DDR2 would probably actually be faster (look at the timings on the DDR3 :eek:) not to mention the price difference.

YEAP...I do not want to have to upgade this thing later or for at least 5 years. I guess the MOBO is the most important thing right now...I need one that will support the new beefy technology.

In that case, I will cut back on the second HD4870X2 (as gain in FPS will 40% over a single HD4870X2) and I'll spend the money on an i7 system. Does that sound good?

If he's to get the i7 he has no choice but to go with DDR3 and a more expensive motherboard. All this money he will have to shell out will take away from money he could be using on graphical performance.

Isn't the CPU, Motherboard, and Graphic Card the most important part to graphical performance? What elese will i need to spend the extra cash on?

changing the subject,

why will you ever need 24GB of DDR3 memory?

I guess the point is that you have the cabability. It's like grabbing that extra biscuit for thanksgiving. You know you wont eat it but you just want it on your plate just in case.

I guess the point is that you have the cabability. It's like grabbing that extra biscuit for thanksgiving. You know you wont eat it but you just want it on your plate just in case.

Good point

Also DJSKIGGZ what Power Supply Unit do you plan on getting?

Back
Top Bottom