Gaming Laptop or PC?

If you want to be crammed in your room for hours on long with a desktop go for it. I don't think gaming while you're uncomfortable is fun, but if that floats your boat...go all for it.

the better value for a gaming machine is definitely a desktop, and most people aren't worried about mobility as an option when playing games, especially serious gamers, I would guess that most people buy laptops for the mobility as it relates to other uses, and then hook the lappy up to a decent sized monitor and basically use it as a desktop when gaming...

I could be wrong though...

The comment was my opinion. I like to game in open space where I can shift around a lot. I'm usually pretty stretched out when I game. To me, playing in a crammed room would suck. It would make the experience very bad.

The comment was my opinion. I like to game in open space where I can shift around a lot. I'm usually pretty stretched out when I game. To me, playing in a crammed room would suck. It would make the experience very bad.

I guess I just don't understand what you mean by "crammed room", we're talking about playing a game on a computer, not a Wii, when I play games I have plenty of room and I have my computer in a space about 6' wide...

if he wants mobility as well as the gaming, sure, the laptop is the best option, but if he wants to play the latest games out at reasonable fps with decent graphics a top of the line gaming laptop is gonna be expensive, way more so than a comparable desktop, for what he would spend on that type of laptop he could build a system that would play just about any game maxed out...

in all probability, he could buy a refurbished laptop and build a decent gaming computer for the cost of a top end laptop, it's his money though, so ultimately the decision is his...

I mean like. Right now, I have my legs completely stretched out on a bed right beside me. If he's room is crammed he won't have this kind of privilege. He could still have enough room to be comfortable and all. But again, that's why I said it's my opinion. He can do whatever the hell he wants. If he games sitting upright and all it would be beneficial to get a desktop. Then again he said most of his companions game on the lunge with a laptop. If he wants to be with them, he will need a laptop.

I guess I just don't understand what you mean by "crammed room", we're talking about playing a game on a computer, not a Wii, when I play games I have plenty of room and I have my computer in a space about 6' wide...

lets not start an arguement on some peoples opinion, i can't play in cramped spaces either and im sure other people don't care.

I mean like. Right now, I have my legs completely stretched out on a bed right beside me. If he's room is crammed he won't have this kind of privilege. He could still have enough room to be comfortable and all. But again, that's why I said it's my opinion. He can do whatever the hell he wants. If he games sitting upright and all it would be beneficial to get a desktop. Then again he said most of his companions game on the lunge with a laptop. If he wants to be with them, he will need a laptop.

like you said it's all just personal preference, his choice, I've been to college so I have seen (and lived in) dorm rooms, they're not huge, but not that cramped either, plenty of room for his friends to bring their laptops in and game in his room if they wanted to...

I have a bench instead of a chair to sit on so I can do dumbell curls and presses while watching movies, videos or whatever on my computer, this also lets me lay down while on my computer also...

I can't really make up my mind.

desktop will be cheaper and I think I could make it work. My room is not really uncomfortable but it is small. The computer will fit though no problem.

I wouldn't need to spend all my money either for a desktop....

Although a laptop will be best for me now, I do think a desktop would be best for me later on in college when I can have a single all to myself...

Yea get the best Desktop you can afford ( don't forget mouse and keyboard like somebody i know forgot........) you should be able to play almost if not all games maxed out for a year or two and you could go without upgrading for about 3 or 4 years

Back
Top Bottom