Making a Fanless PC?

Then what am i going to do about the heat?

:D

well if the cpu was underclocked see how much load is put on the psu it may be required not to run at all , or you could get a fan fitted with a thermister in the middle so that when the temp drops the fran slows down and if it increases fan speeds up

There's a radiator, and it needs a fan for cooling, or else you're in big problem.

Pico-ITX is to avoid. Slow, VERY slow, and it lingers around $250, the board and CPU.

So, if you need to build one from scratch, here's two possibilities:

1- Build a Slot 1-based machine with AT LEAST 256MB RAM, and a big HDD, and remove all fans. (P2 233-350 is enough)

2- Get this Router/TorrentBox:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822320001
It's $234, but it's a wireless router, with an intergrated Torrent program and a 160GB HDD, that you can upgrade. It's great, silent, and very small (The size of a 3.5" HDD.

Harddrives usually make about as much noise as a fan though... So if you want silent, idk if fanless is exactly what you want.

Harddrives usually make about as much noise as a fan though... So if you want silent, idk if fanless is exactly what you want.

If he wanted a fanless PC that was silent, he should get a SSD so the noise from a traditional hard drive goes away.

Damn, you must have some crappy drives. Mine are near silent. No where near as loud as the quietest fan in my system.
Well, I think my 7200.10 drive is fairly silent, but I think the other one makes some noise. My 120mm fan does make more noise then those though.

Back
Top Bottom