What is wrong with this world?

Here's the latest update:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aySPPfb8T8GU&refer=home

I honestly think people should be charged with this to the fullest extent of the law.

unfortunately its gonna be hard to convict all of them. This is one of the few reasons I like how China operates. My 7th grade teacher said his friend was in china, and fell asleep on a train, and had his wallet stolen. Well, he hit one of those emergency buttons, and then the train stopped, and two guards with assault rifles came on, found the guy who stole the wallet, and he was taken off the train and killed. The most efficient investigation, trial, and sentence I've ever heard of.

unfortunately its gonna be hard to convict all of them. This is one of the few reasons I like how China operates. My 7th grade teacher said his friend was in china, and fell asleep on a train, and had his wallet stolen. Well, he hit one of those emergency buttons, and then the train stopped, and two guards with assault rifles came on, found the guy who stole the wallet, and he was taken off the train and killed. The most efficient investigation, trial, and sentence I've ever heard of.
That's terrible. I would rather let the guy keep my wallet then have him killed.

That's terrible. I would rather let the guy keep my wallet then have him killed.

but how many people would they have to do that to to send a message to anyone thinking breaking the law? Probably just one. People might be willing to risk 8 years in prison more readily than death.

How could you just keep pressing on knowing you just walked all over someone? Then again it's probably impossible to stop with the rush of people pushing you from behind.

this dosent suprize me , i was reading a few months back about a person who committed suicide by jumping off a building and a crowd of people gathered and egged the person on to jump i think people are becoming less caring about other peoples lives these days

How could you just keep pressing on knowing you just walked all over someone? Then again it's probably impossible to stop with the rush of people pushing you from behind.

true. the person in the front prob ddint want to step on the guy but was forced to because the ignorant ppl in back kept shoving.

wat other way besides consumerism is there?

besides communism.

For one, it would be nice if a person's status wasn't dictated so much by material wealth. There must be something better than that. That way people wouldn't get in such a panic when they hear of iPods being $10 cheaper or something and line up like a bunch of cattle in front of the stores of money-hungry corporations like Wal-Mart, busting the doors down to get in and subsequently killing anyone standing in their way. I'm sure people got more upset that they closed the Wal-Mart rather than about a worker being trampled to death as a result of their stupidity.

this dosent suprize me , i was reading a few months back about a person who committed suicide by jumping off a building and a crowd of people gathered and egged the person on to jump i think people are becoming less caring about other peoples lives these days

I don't know why that is but sometimes I blame the fact that, even though we're technically better connected to one another due to advances in communication devices like cellphones, we're also becoming more detached due to decreasing personal interaction. Then again, maybe things haven't changed so much. Go back a couple hundred years and if you were to reveal that you wanted to kill yourself I'm sure it wouldn't be thought of twice for someone to put you out your misery themselves.

Back
Top Bottom