A Mini Laptop

Krayziejackson

In Runtime
Im Tryn To Get A Laptop for my son he's only 10 so of course i dont want him to have a high end laptop are expensive so i was wondering if this mini laptop would be good for him but i dont want it to be to slow for him either

Acer Aspire One AOA110-1113 Blue Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz) 8.9" 512MB Memory 8GB SSD Netbook

In my opinion that would suit your son fine unless he plays pc games. Out of curoisity how much are you going to pay for it? Maybe there is a better deal but eee laptops are usually pretty cheap.

you getting a laptop for a 10 year old kid?

the laptop you picked seems good

but whatever you buy i have a feeling its not gonna end well, mainly from my experience with young kids, things tend to break around them. Also from what ive been told netbooks arnt the most durable laptops.. well thats what a guy at a computer store was telling me

so i would suggest maybe trying to find a used laptop somewhere for like $100

i jsut bought one make sure to get the one with xp, and a gig of ram its relativly the same price and worth it in the long run man.

They're called "Netbooks" and they're a big thing right now.

However, they're not meant to be used as a "normal" computer. They often have very limited disk space, and the screens are just too small.

They make "Nettops" so to say, really small and cheap desktops, maybe get one of those instead?

The MSI Windbox was just announced, it's a VESA-mounted box that mounts to the back of a monitor, so your computer basically becomes an iMac, but much cheaper.

Also, Asus makes a similar unit that's already out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220004

You'd just have to buy a monitor.

But keep in mind, Intel's Atom CPUs are pretty damn slow....and don't even bother with the Linux netbooks, they just don't work as a main PC.

Anyway, I'd scratch the entire nettop/netbook idea and just get a standard PC

For $400 you can get a pretty good PC:

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=182

For anything but gaming, that thing will blaze, and if your kid wants to play some games, just slap a 4670/4850 in there instead of the 3450.

Back
Top Bottom