Need Serious Help!!!

korn

Solid State Member
Okay, my computer was running really slow so I decided it was finally time to do something about it. I went through my Add/Remove Programs list and pretty much deleted every single thing there was to delete. I know, I'm an idiot. The problem is that I deleted everything Windows had on there (for example Windows Installer) and now I'm at the point where my speakers won't even work and I'm really not sure why. It says they are not in installed, and I'm guessing my computer wont let me install it because I deleted Windows Installer. So pretty much my internet and everything runs super fast now, but without sound. What the heck do I do?

Well, you can do a system restore.. then I can look in a few hours (when I get home.. I have to leave now...) and see what you shouldn't take off. You should also provide a list :D

And dude, wtf did you have on there! Unless you have like a 20 or 40gb drive lol.. it wouldn't speed it up that fast unless you had every game imaginable installed lolz...

Oh, or you can just see what kind of speakers you and see if you can download something for them.

I'm am no good with computers and to tell you the truth, I don't know if I would know how to do what you said.

What exactly are the problems you are having? Sound doesn't work? What else?

As far as the sound not working, it sounds like you uninstalled your sound card driver. What kind of computer is it, name-brand or custom built? If name-brand, I need a make and a model number (Example: HP Pavilion 6835). For a custom-built, I need the model # of your motherboard.

So basically, I just need a list of exactly what is not working. We can work from there.

Oh, or you can just see what kind of speakers you and see if you can download something for them.

:confused:

It's not speakers he installed, it's most likely the sound card driver.

It says Multimedia Computer System on the bottom of the tower, along with the letters USB. Dont really know how else to describe it, I would take a picture but my camera isn't working. The problem is that I can't seem to install anything. I'm guessing I erased the Windows Installer and thats why it won't work. I tried to install my ghost back up but it won't let me do anything that has to do with installing. The only thing I really care about is getting my sound back.

It doesn't say HP, Compaq, etc. anywhere? Sounds like a custom build. Go to http://www.faronics.com/html/SysProfiler.asp to download Faronics System Profiler. Click the "Download Now" link in the upper-right side of the page. Click Run to download the program. Just proceed with the prompts like installing anything else, and accept the normal options that are selected. Follow the prompts, and the last screen will show the analysis of your system. Click the "Motherboard" link towards the top and find the "Manufacturer" and "product" given in that list. Give that information to me and we can proceed to find your sound card driver. Cheers!

Im on a different computer right now, you're forgetting I can't successfully download or install anything.

Oh, my bad. :eek:

I'm assuming you can access Windows on that computer, correct?

If so, go to Start, Run, and type msinfo32 and click OK.

Under the main screen, post the following information:

System Manufacturer
System Model
System Type

On the left side, expand the Components item and click Sound Device. Give me the "Name" and "Manufacturer" listed.

This information is necessary because I need to determine what kind of hardware you have to locate the proper fix to your problem. If you can get that information off the trouble computer, that would work great.

Judging from the make and model number of your motherboard, this is an older computer, and it would also appear that it is most likely a Pentium 3 system, so that would explain the slowness. But for the sakes of getting this computer up and running, what kind of Windows does this computer run (Windows XP, Windows 2000, etc.)?

Back
Top Bottom