Super PI Mod

Does anyone know if you get better results in the Super PI Mod if you have higher CPU Frequency than multiplier? My computer is rated 1GHz faster than my dad's laptop. Mine is an AMD Dual-core his is an Intel Dual-core. Although I have higher clocks, he's got me beat on the Super PI by 9 seconds (1M test; the standard). Do you know if this has to do with the small cache? It really shouldn't because the on-die memory controller would use less cache anyways. I think it has to do with the face that Intel runs on greater CPU frequency and lower multiplier while my OC runs on high multiplier and low frequency.

It was the same way for my old 939 and Core 2 laptop. I had a 2.2 Ghz 3500+ that was about ten seconds slower than the 1.83 Ghz laptop.

3500+ ran about 40-ish and Core 2 ran 30.

Mine is an AMD Dual-core his is an Intel Dual-core. Although I have higher clocks, he's got me beat on the Super PI by 9 seconds (1M test; the standard). Do you know if this has to do with the small cache?
It is very cache depedant, and has nothing to do with memory bandwidth.

SuperPI is known as one of the worst benchmarks in existance, ahead of 3DMark06, so don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom