Best free anti-virus. Real World test's

I have a complaint to file. On the first table in this page you list AVG as not having an e-mail scanner when it does.

edit:

(Referring to Part 3)
Move the part where you list whether the AV programs caught the anti-virus or not to the bottom. Because as I was reading I thought those x/4 numbers were for catching viruses before installation when it's after. Also, you mention Avira failing to prevent installation of a virus twice. I think the second time you meant to say Spyware Terminator with Clamwin failed.

edit2: I just finished reading the whole guide. I give props to you man. It's a very good guide. If that's the submission then good work although if you wanted you could improve it a little more (make it more organized; a topic per AV). I have only had experience with AVG8.0 and Comodo out of that list. I do agree that Comodo is for very experienced users who have the time to read all those little pop-ups. If you know what you're doing with Comodo, it's by far the best AV. For the average user, incluiding me, it's not so great. I read the first couple then I got tired of reading them and just started hitting OK. AVG8.0 is a great program. It could be a little worse than Avast, but I'm not going to switch. The only downfall against Avast, that I saw, was that website deal because it does have an e-mail scanner. Regardless of how good they are, if you're not a smart web-browser you'll still end up in deep shit.

I have a complaint to file. On the first table in this page you list AVG as not having an e-mail scanner when it does.

yeah thats a fairly big oversight.

Also personally at the start where you say Avast is my personal favourite I would get rid of that because straight away i started to wonder whether it was going to be biased towards Avast. It nearly put me off looking any further...

Back
Top Bottom