First Build Mistakes Thread

I still need to do that whole Cable Management thing... I keep saying I am going to do it on the weekend... Well, it's Monday morning and I haven't done it yet, lol.

lol - i do that a lot haha. I always say i'll do this and that...but then never really get around to doing.

As for cable management...i usually will do it when i have to open up my case, like to install something new or clean it out. Otherwise...its too much of a hastle to just open it up to move around a few cables. Mind you, my computer weighs SOO f'ing much lol....and i'm a skinny lad myself haha :p

My first build:
I accidentally took the thermal compound off the heatsink because I didn't know what it was for....lol

Didn't turn on the firewall right away after I installed XP and got the blaster worm within minutes....ended up reformatting the next day.

2nd build:
Didn't check to see that the power supply in the pc I was upgrading was a 24 pin, it was an old 20 pin (from the first build) and ended up having to run to a local store to get a new psu...paid an arm and a leg but I needed it.

1st build... didn't plug the hard-drive all the way in...sat there forever trying to figure out why XP would install on the hard-drive (after i bought a new one thinking the old one was broken and when i opened up my case, surprise it was hanging half off

I made the mistake of not plugging the extra 12v connector from the PSU into the motherboard, so was confused why it powered up but didn't go much further... haha.
Other than that, things went pretty smoothly.

I did the exact same thing. I was getting pissed off because I could not figure it out until I realized the problem.

Replacing the motherboard in my Compaq with a Gigabyte one without reformatting. Funny thing was it ran perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom