Monitor is BLINDING at high performance status

israfel

Beta member
Okay, so I need to put my computer's visual effects on "adjust for highest performance." It needs to be like this because I multi-task insanely during my job. (I do this by going to Performance Settings/Adjust for highest performance.)

Unfortunately, when I do this, my monitor hurts my eyes. It seems... too bright, but when I adjust the contrast or brightness lower, it still hurts my eyes. I don't know which aspect of the performance change is making it like this. I have Vista, if that helps.

Cliffnotes:
1) Adjusting for best performance seems to hurt my eyes. I can't figure out which aspect of the adjustment causes this. Help?

That's odd. I use High Performance display settings with my computer too (Vista). You said, that adjusting the contrast and brightness didn't help. Did you try maybe adjusting something under the color schemes. Maybe there's a slightly darker color scheme to use. It could also be your monitor is just so darn bright. Just play with the settings under the "Personalize" menu and see if maybe between the display settings and the other personalization settings you can find something that works.

Thanks for the response Computer Head. I changed it to a dark contrast in which white is essentially replaced with black. It's a little weird, but at least I'm not snow-blinded anymore by the white. Hopefully I can think of a better solution when I fiddle w/ it tonight.

Lol, I think every monitor hurts my eyes, expecially mine. It's a 24" so I'm looking at a theater right in front of me though :p

The way I fix it is make everything darker, not through settings, I mean dark backgrounds and stuff. I play WoW so it's not really a problem. :D I'm assuming you mean it's to bright when the internet is open or this little white reply box is to bright or something? ...

Back
Top Bottom