bios update

ok thanks. so is there much performane difference between 32 and 64 bit?
when you say "You'll need to remove the shroud to be sure and if it were me I'd remove the cooler and replace the thermal compound while I was in there" do you mean cpu? and three is no dust in my computer because i have just cleaned it out. oh and when you say temp for the graphics card that the gpu temp isnt it?? because that is fine runs about 60c when playing a game.

on everest home it tells me that my video bios is more then 2 years old update if necessary could this be a problem??

ok thanks. so is there much performane difference between 32 and 64 bit?
Not for gaming, no
when you say "You'll need to remove the shroud to be sure and if it were me I'd remove the cooler and replace the thermal compound while I was in there" do you mean cpu?
No I mean the video card
and there is no dust in my computer because i have just cleaned it out.
So you cleaned out the graphics card heatsink, that's OK then
oh and when you say temp for the graphics card that the gpu temp isnt it?? because that is fine runs about 60c when playing a game.
60°C is fine if that is the temp under full load

on everest home it tells me that my video bios is more then 2 years old update if necessary could this be a problem??
I've never updated a video card bios, do you know if there even is a bios upgrade for your video card?

Which driver are you running?

The only other thing I can think of is the card is failing.

thanks heaps for your help man i really appreciate it:D . ok here is every thing bout my card

Field Value
Video Adapter Properties:
Device Description: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
Adapter String: GeForce 7950 GT
BIOS String Version: 5.71.22.42.86
Chip Type: GeForce 7950 GT
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Installed Drivers: nv4_disp (6.14.11.7824 - nVIDIA ForceWare 78.24)
Memory Size: 512 MB

Video Adapter Manufacturer
Company Name NVIDIA Corporation
Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=products
Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

That driver (assuming the last number is a typo and the driver version is actually 178.24) is the latest available for your card.

The only thing left if you are sure it is not overheating is the option that the card is dying, they were a good card in their day but they are old tech now.

The fact that you didn't know about removing the shroud to clean the heatsink on the card leads me to wonder once more about the video cards temps under full load, but if you're certain they're OK then I guess hardware failure is the last option.

The card isn't overclocked is it?

yep ok, i downloaded the card driver again just in case and there was no change, another thing is when i convert a video from it will freeze or restart would that have ant thing to do with the card? and no the cards not overclocked and im pretty sure it never has. whenmy computer is at idle my gpu reads around 46 is that a bit high?

46°C sounds fine but it is the load temp that counts. Video conversion is more likely to raise cpu or memory problems than graphics, have you run prime95 blend test at all to check for stability?

ok so i ran prime 95 for 2 hours and 8 minutes the out come was 1 error 0 warnings. so how do i find out what the error is?

run the small FFT test, it is mainly cpu intensive, if the problem is with the cpu you should get errors.

You never did reply when I asked if you had run Memtest86+, have you run it?

Your problem may just be a faulty memory module

oh sorry yer i ran memtest and that all came back fine

ok so i just ran the small ftt and my cpu was running up around 80-90c so i didnt want to go through with it other wise i wouldnt have a cpu left... so does this il be getting a new heatsink and fan??

I would reseat the cpu cooler with a fresh application of thermal compound first just to see if it improves your temps / stops the problems.

I presume it is a stock cooler?

You may have inadvertently bumped / dislodged it during your clean out, hell, even I've done that lol.

Try reseating it with new TIM first would be my suggestion.

Tuniq-TX2, Arctic-MX2 or even Artic Silver 5 would be my recommended TIMs, use isopropyl alcohol to clean off the old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom