Laptop graphics..any good?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I was looking at maybe this laptop http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115504
Acer Extensia for $499 w/free shipping, but it has an Intel GMA X4500 for it's graphics..is that ok to run vista home premium and be able to watch streaming video like cnet tv, hulu, itunes, and to webcam with? i'm not too up on laptop graphics....have also seen Intel GMA 950 on some other laptops. I'm not looking at going over $500 really. I like the integrated webcam, screen size, processor, and 3GB ram.

i was poking around just now on intel's site...is there anywhere on there with a list of the integrated graphics from worst to best? i can't seem to find one.

Well, I posted a link on Wikipedia that has the most current ones. The X4850, seeming to be the most up to date of them all.

just read the wikipedia you linked to...looks like the GMA X4500 beats out the GMA950 as well as the GMA X3100 which i also see on a lot of laptops....cool. i didn't see the X4850 on there though...maybe i'm missing it? the GMA X4500MHD looked like the best integrated laptop graphics on there to me.

Back
Top Bottom