PSP 3000 hacked by Datel.

Sinonymous

In Runtime
Datel famous for making the Action Replay video game cheat device has released the PSP 3000 servie mode "blue" battery. I asked you guys about a month ago if I should buy the PSP 3000 since it hadn't been hacked but, instead buy it's older brother the PSP 2000. There is still a catch to the PSP 3000 the scan line issue HAS NOT been fixed and no Custom Firmware has been sucessfully uploaded to the PSP 3000 through this new battery. Also I have purchased a PSP 1000 service battery from Datel and got Back-Ordered when they said it was in stock. Also the manual said "to find the software for this battery on the Internet".:mad: So should I still buy the 3000 or go with the 2000? The only reason I am curious is because I'm purchasing a professionlly modded PSP new with the blue LED Trigger Lighting Mod. I would do it my self but... I suck at Micro soldering.:rolleyes: I have completed it before until the LEDs blew up.:D Thanks.

PSP before the Accident:D : http://www.motionbox.com/videos/ee93d7b8171de064

i dont think the 3000 series was actually hacked it.
Datel never did any hacking before, Just because they said so doesnt mean its true.
I would would believe team M33 AKA Dark Alex.

EDIT -
unless it actually does work, but the 3000 is not worth it due to the scanlines. People are having problems with the new LCD in the 3000 series.
The Newer 2000 series isnt able to hack either, i think if you are getting a PSP, and its like OFW 4.xx, then its likely not hackable.
Its mostly your choice when it comes to things like this, and better to ask a gaming forum that allows "hacking" PSPs.
I think the 1000 series is the best due to homebrew IMO.

The PSP2000 Series is hackable,one of my friends uses a Datel Battery to hack his.Im unsure wether the PSP3000 is hackable,but im sure it will be hacked sometime in the near future.

The PSP2000 Series is hackable,one of my friends uses a Datel Battery to hack his.Im unsure wether the PSP3000 is hackable,but im sure it will be hacked sometime in the near future.

not all 2000 series is hackable, the ones released before OFW 4.xx is hackable, but the one after is not. The newer one uses the same security as the 3000 series, which uses like less bit to read the IPL which is why the pandora wasnt able to go into service mode.

When the PSP boots, the boot code (aka pre-ipl or ipl loader) loads the ipl from either the nand or memory stick. The IPL is splitted into pieces of 0×1000 bytes.

First 0xA0 bytes of each block is a header for the kirk hardware command 1. It contains keys, the size of the cipher data, and two hashes, one for part the header itself, and another one for the body. The 0xF60 remaining bytes are the ciphered body, which will decrypt to 0xF60 plain bytes… if the hashes, which are checked by kirk hardware itself, are OK. (Note: ciphered body can actually be less than 0xF60, in this case, remaining bytes are ignored… before TA88v3)

What has Sony added to fix this?

The answer can be found in 4.00+ slim ipl's. They decreased the size of the ciphered body to 0xF40 to leave 0×20 bytes at the end of each block (at offset 0xFE0). In newest pre-ipl's, these 0×20 bytes have a meaning.
This protection also destroys any possibility of downgrading below 4.00, as these new cpu's won't be able to boot previous firmwares ipl's.

Summary: basically, all security of newest psp cpu's rely on the secrecy of the calculation of those 0×20 bytes. If pre-ipl were dumped somehow, the security would go down TOTALLY.

so make sure you get an older 2000 series PSP, and make sure you get it fast if you expect to get one in stores if you want to be guaranteed homebrew

I don't know the software details on it but, it is and will be a long and difficult process. Wish I could help some how....:(

Don't forget to thank sony for destroying most of its homebrew buyer interest.

funny thing about that, Sony said that we were suppose to have that feature before the PSP was released.

EDIT -
Remember when Dark_AleX explained why a PSP equipped with the TA-088v3 motherboard couldn't be hacked? Well, good news — apparently a hacker by the name of Brokencodes has indeed broken the code.

Released yesterday was a bit of somethin' somethin' that should generate the signature to resign the IPL and ultimately pass the pre-IPL hash process. In other terms: sit tight, soon you'll be enjoying custom firmwares, 3rd party plug-ins, and homebrew galore.

Soon the newer 2000 series PSP will be hacked. Maybe the 3000 series will also work since it seems like both dont use the same board, but they do use the same security Sony put in them

Back
Top Bottom