Getting a 'free" domain

Dave@56

In Runtime
How do you think should I (or would you) get a hosting plan from a company only for getting their free domain name? Looks like I can reg a domain and go away after some time I paid for hosting...

Should I (or would you) do this?

It doesn't matter really. You can dish out 10$ for godaddy for a year and have you domain name. That way you have control over it. If you register it through a hosting company they might keep control of it themselves. If you ever wanted to switch hosts they will keep your domain and screw you over.

How do you think should I (or would you) get a hosting plan from a company only for getting their free domain name? Looks like I can reg a domain and go away after some time I paid for hosting...

Should I (or would you) do this?

You know it depends on the company itself. I think that it will be reasonable to buy hosting and get free domain name, but if the company is not accredited one, I suggest you to avoid domain name registration with it. As for recommendation, have a look at sibername.com because it is ICAN, EURID and CIRA-accredited registrar and offers good hosting plans and free domain name if you buy some plan.

Free domain name .... I believe it's usually a bonus that some companies (mmhosting.com for instance) give to their customers for using their services.

To my mind, it will be suitable for you to buy any hosting plan and get free domain name. They will renew it every year if you use their services. I am sure that sibername.com will suit you down to the ground.

I prefer dealing with the companies which are accredited by ICANN. EuroDNS GoDaddy, Directi... You know them yourself.. This is no point of getting a hosting package for a domain for "free".

I'd like to point out that you should do this separately, I mean to register domain names with ICANN-accredited registrars and buy hosting from reliable hosting providers. I am sure that Eurodns.com would be good choice for domain registration and for instance, glowhost.com is able to provide you with nice hosting services. You will make the productive decision if you deal with them.

Also some companies like to sell there plans with free domains to attract more customers when really the company is a 'fly-by-nighter',They go out of business.

You only get what you pay for.

Also some companies like to sell there plans with free domains to attract more customers when really the company is a 'fly-by-nighter',They go out of business.

You only get what you pay for.
It happens not always. Some of them are in business for years.

Back
Top Bottom