New m/board (large image inside)

It'll live on in that box I think, probably end up passing this (E8600) to my son and the Q6600 to my daughter when I build an i7 box

Wow, looks like you you're in for some fun overclocking :D

I came so close to biting the bullet for a W/C system. I had it all configured, but I just couldn't do it. You should totally do it since your north bridge comes with a block.

nb block is a pain in the butt - I'm running a TU120E facing to the rear, this precludes any of the NB cooling solutions offered with the board, I had to scavenge a hdd cooler fan (low profile) to screw on there as there isn't enough clearance for the supplied fan (~20mm difference :()

another pic

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9134/425ghzlinpackstablefz3.jpg

@cabbs - I see you on XS, I'm yet to make my first post there, too busy reading and tweaking ;)

2GB of Memory

Some update screenies:

4.0GHz with 2GB of Memory

40ghznh9.png

4.25GHz with 2GB of Memory

425ghzkj3.png

4.50GHz with 2GB of Memory

45ghzrj3.png

Stupid 5 image rule, lets see it auto merge these two posts, lmfao

4.0GHz with 4GB of Memory

this took a lot more fiddling about to achieve than I expected. Next step is 4.25GHz with 4GB then 4.50GHz with 4GB

40ghz1333mhz777201npl9ko2.png

cpuz1sm1.jpg
cpuz2bv8.jpg

superpi40ghz4x1gbramrx7.jpg

40ghz4hoursoq4.jpg

Cheers.

Dude you're a beast. Props. I would love to get a new SB700 and push my 5400+ further, but I don't have the money. This is on air right? Also, is that EVEREST Benchmark tool free or did you pay for it?

edit: Quick question for you regarding my processor. Do you think I'd be better off raising the CPU Frequency than the Multiplier? I think I'm running 205x16.5 if I'm not mistaken.

Nice. I have my E3110 running at about the same speed but 445x9. I'm too lazy to drop the multi and see if I can push it higher.

Ummmmmm, Everest was free, if you know what I mean :eek:

I've never owned or overclocked an AMD cpu, I would suggest multiplier though, frequency would require additional voltage I guess.

I'll be in the same boat as you when I finally get an i7 cpu as it is very similar to AMD chips now the memory controller is on-die, damn it, just when I learn to play the game properly they go and change the playing field

lol

Back
Top Bottom