The Economy..

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
How is the recent slump in the global economy affecting y'all? anyone else feeling the pinch? I was curious as to how everybody else is faring..

Fuels cheaper. Buying things from the US isnt as cheap.

Everything evens out for me, TBH. Not that I buy fuel... I'm taking about my household..

It's nice that fuel is below $2 a gallon where I live. But the stock market is still taking a toll on all of my investment accounts. Losses of around 30% on those.

In the UK at least, fuel, alcohol, etc is going to go up.

I just don't like the way they are deciding to put so much money on the line, and its coming out of our pockets to do so. They're just worrying and stressing over it, and its annoying me to be honest.

I can't even watch the news anymore.

Its going to kill small businesses for example, and they are wanting people to shop? They are lowering the VAT by 2.5%...big whoop, to try and get us to shop more. What?!

So far it hasn't had a huge effect on me. The business I work for is actually gaining business (GIS Firm) and gave me a raise last month. Fuel is cheaper for my commute to work. So far it hasn't really hit me, hopefully that will hold out I guess, but I'm not holding my breath.

Alistair Darling's new budget is a joke. It'll solve nothing and it's just propaganda to try and reverse Labour's certain crushing in the next General Election.

None of the budget changes are permanent, it's a scam and voters should not be fooled under any circumstances.

I can't couldn't get a good steady job anywhere. So I pretty much forced my self to join the military Dec 2nd woohoo

Business is slow at my work but so far I havent really felt it yet? Hopefully it gets better soon, but im not counting on it anytime soon.

ehh neither parents work, both of there company's shut down, might lose our house, yeah, my parents are feeling it... as soon ass i get my job as a security guard (good for my resume when i app for a cop) im going to move out though.

Back
Top Bottom