teen suicided on web cam...

this is depressing to see how far society has fallen

i wouldn't condemn that forum for what they said after all, they thought he was one of those people just trying to get attention, and as someone else here said he was "the boy who cried wolf "... however they should feel ashamed that they could be part of the reason why the boy committed suicide. Note: i do say part, cause for the kid to commit suicide he had many other psychological and social issues

is also agree with ssc456 when he says its selfish...i have a similar story...a few years back on a early weekday morning a man hanged himself a few blocks from my house. This was selfish, cause from what i heard he was a single father with a teenage girl i believe...what made this even more selfish was the place where he chose to hang himself. He hung himself on a soccer goalpost about 30 meters from a elementary school. Imagine taking you kid to school and finding a body hanging where your kids play...

hopefully society can learn from this incident and realize that people who are contemplating suicide need help and support to overcome their problems, not ridicule and harassment

People who think or commit suicide....there is clearly something missing in their lives! its up to our society to help them and fill that emptiness they experience. My emptiness was filled when i had a best friend teach me and guide me to Christ....and no it wasn't instant...but overtime i went to church with this friend...i learned more about myself...more about the people around me...and more about my purpose...and i'll never forget the day when i accept Christ into my life!

These teens, these children, these adults....they need help, they need encouragement, then need a sense of belonging, they need us as people to show them they are loved.

Get the fuck out of our Gene pool? You Sir, Are an Asshole. Negative rep me if you will, However I think the Positive I get will outweight it.

I really didn't want to chime in on this topic, But seeing the over abundance of ignorance, I felt compelled to share a piece.

It's funny how you are keeping your blinders on and ignoring the reasons behind the actions of this individual. Take me for example, Few years back I lost an immediate family member, One that taught me everything I know, Pushed me to become what I am now, and was always there for me when I needed them most. When I lost them, I lost my will to live, and I one night struggled to keep myself alive, But someone reached out and picked me up, and allowed me an avenue of recovery, and I thank God every day for sparing me.

You need to understand millions of people suffer from depression, Whether it be from not having anything their entire life, struggling, Losing their mom, dad, wife, daughter, etc, Terrible accident. When an individual is in this state of mind, They are that much closer to cracking and calling it quits, Yet theres also millions of Assholes out there who provoke these people into believing they have infact reached the end. Sometimes a reaching hand goes a long way with these people.

Only idiots neg rep somebody for disagreeing with them. I've been called sick, asshole, sad, ignorant, and other things for my opinion, and that's fine. I threw my less than nice opinion out, and people threw their less than nice opinions about me out. I've actually only gotten one neg rep (and I suspect I just jinxed that), but that doesn't bother me.

I know (knew) two people who committed suicide. One did it after recently becoming disabled, and the other did it after a relationship broke off. There may have been deeper reasons that I have not seen, as I was not thuroughly involved in their lives, but as far as I knew, both of these people had a family, friends, a house over their head, and a future. (Mind you, the one who got disabled had been paralyzed from the waist down. I'm sure life sucks when you lose your legs, but it doesn't warrant taking your life.)

I have trouble sympathizing with people who don't have damn good reasons to take their own life.

As far as I know, you were homeless, I now know you lost somebody extremely dear as well. That alone is something I can easily sympathize with moreso than somebody who kills them self over petty shit, though I still look down upon it.

As I've gathered, the teen in question who committed suicide on webcam had some serious depression problems.

I'm 19 right now. I have a lot of trouble dealing with stress. My senior year of high school was the most stress ful time of my life. There were a lot of moments where I would get depressed and think I was never going to graduate, and I actually did contemplate suicide. I started reading about other suicide stories, paying more attention to my surroundings and how my life really is, and you know what? I realized I have things fairly good.

I got a house over my head, good folks, and even if I didn't graduate, they wouldn't have thrown me out on the street or anything. I realized I wasn't the only guy with problems, and that's when I picked myself up and realized that suicide is for the hopeless and the stupid.

I'm sorry guys, but I simply cannot take a look at suicide and feel anything other anger and hatred towards those who take their own lives, especially those without a damn good reason. Think of me as you please, ignorant, stupid, whatever. I haven't been all over the place, I haven't lost a close family member, my best friends are still with me today, I have no real world experience with the kind of depression that leads people to take their own lives, but I know that as an individual, that it is up to me whether I enjoy my life and live it through the best I can, or throw away like so many others have.

If I lost a close family member tomorrow, I cannot possibly know how I would react, but the only thing I DO know, is that they would never forgive me for taking my life just because they abruptly left mine.

My friends and family would never forgive me for taking my life, and I would never want to put them through the hell of knowing I more or less told them all to fuck off. That is how I feel about these people. I feel as though they are telling anybody who cares about them, that they do not care about you at all.

A relative I never knew committed suicide, long before I was even born. To this day, his parents still suffer from grief. Thanks a lot asshole, you just ruined your parent's lives.

MikeReiner, I have, essentially, called you an ignorant (if you will look back to my post). After reading this nicely composed writing, I must say that I'm sorry and I take it back. I don't usually call people something unless I really mean it. You, obviously, have good reasons for your belief. I kind of see why now. I also see where AmericanSensei is coming from. To me, suicide is a synonym for stupidity. I am also, recently converted, a deist. I think that someone's opinion on suicide has a lot to do with their religion, at least most of times. I do not, however, think that they should be removed out of the gene pool. Unfortuntely, those who commit suicide are very important to today's society. While they take their lives, they save others. Take yourself for example. You contemplated suicide. The reason you didn't commit was because you read stories of others. If others hadn't commited suicide and such, you could have. There are many horrible things in society that are necessary. I do feel sympathy for those who have to deal with a familiar who commits suicide, but at the same time I don't. I feel like it is their responsibility to keep such things from happening. I also feel sympathy for those who do commit suicide because nobody cared for them, but at the same time I don't because life is the most treasurable thing you could possess. It's a very complicated matter to explain, especially over the internet, as I am sure many won't receive this message in the tone I intend it to be received. With this post, I'll retire myself from the thread. Suicide is a very sad thing.

I read about this kid on AOL and this is my opinion. I've been through a lot in this 15 year life. (I don't want to go in detail because it still hurts.) I thought about suicide before and I had cried for days lying in my bed. But I got help, talked to a counsoler. And eventually I got into a better situation. Looking back I think, "Why would I even think about doing that?". No good ever comes out of commiting suicide. Get help and live for a better tomorrow. People are out there.

Such people need psychological therapy. There are moment in every person's life that dictates to do such thing, but we should be strong and powerful in order to avoid this thought.

I post on bb.com/forum I can give you guys cliffs on what happened

The dude who killed himself had some issues first off. He was a good guy but he wasnt getting the help he needed in real life.

Multiple times he would make threads over there saying he was going to commit suicide, and then he would pop some pills and turn off the camera. This turned out to be a "boy cried wolf" thing at bb.com, as most members didnt think he was serious.

he had ready access to loads of dangerous meds, and was unstable, its truly sad what happened. BB.com is very sad for his loss right now, but we're being put down for what happened (with some good reason).

But that's the gist of it. Depressed/Bipolar kid with access to drugs goes out with a sellout crowd.

Very sad :(
O'rly? wut's your id bruh? U aware I'm Tommy Boy there as well?

I go to the forum too, but I wasn't on the night that this happened. Now I'm not defending the forum for what they did, in fact I think they're a bunch of idiots myself, but apparently this kid "CandyJunkie" had tried to kill himself before, "crying wolf" a number of times so maybe it was hard for them to believe that he was going to actually do it. Also, there was a moderator involved and she says that as soon as she realized the situation was serious, his IP was sent to the authorities and the appropriate action was taken. Unfortunately it was too late, the video is around and you can actually see the police come in the room finding him dead because the cam was still on.

We'll have to see what happens, but the guy's family might be taking action against the website.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/21/webcam.suicide/index.html#cnnSTCVideo
seriously F*CK bodybuilding.com, I'm serious i now have a strong hate for everyone on that forum regardless.. egging a guy on to f*cking kill himself are you kidding me? wow im so damn pissed right now like seriously... first i get showed there by someone about the modeling the car thing and see how much they just sit there and talk shit now i see them egging people on to kill themselves... anyone down for a mass spam attack?

you're pretty fucking naive you know that? For one, you believing everything that CNN is telling you...CNN!! The most biased newscaster that I know of (maybe second to FOX idk). Of course they're going to exploit the fact that some people egged him on to do it. There were people who tried to help him and tried to offer advice like normal, caring people would as well but do you hear any of that on the news? Of course not because that makes people sympathize less with the victim. Get some goddamn sense and think for yourself sometimes...

Anyways, if you want something to get mad about read this...http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/22/national/a122304S68.DTL&tsp=1

Back
Top Bottom