Microphone stopped working.

Hirunaivi

Beta member
Hi

I got a weird problem with no solution , im sitting on a Dell computer running Windows vista and my mic worked fine until one day when it stopped working.

i bought a new mic but same problem again, i reinstalled the whole system and still no solution.
i downloaded new drivers for my sound card (realtek HD) but no good came out of that either, the weird thing is that the computer "finds" the mic and do not tell me that there is a problem, but still i cant talk to people with it.

i would really be thankfull if someone could try to solve this for me !

/Dan

Have you checked all the volumes in windows? Are you plugging the mic into the front ports? What software are you trying to use the mic with?

Yes checked em all.
i tryed plugging it in back port as well in front, even plugged 1 mic front and 1 mic in the back.

tryed to use it in Ventrilo,Msn,Sound Recorder etc

the things is the "meter" that show how loud i speak in to the mic isnt showing anything except maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 green things, and thats just caus i put mic boost on.

thanks and i hope you come up with a solution !

I REALLY Should be in bed so here i did a quick google search and came up with,

1. Go to control panel, then sounds etc. button, then sounds and audio devices
2. on sounds and audio devices properties, select volume tab, and click on 'device volume' 'advanced' button.
3. on master volume, click options, then properties.
4. under the 'playback' option, where it says 'show the following volume controls', make sure the box is checked that corresponds to the place you are plugging in your mic.

If that doesnt work i'll do more research in the morning :D

i did not get it to work, my Vista is in Swedish so i couldnt find what you ment after controlpanel and sound there is only a window where u can choose
1. Playback 2. recording 3.sound
Playback / it shows only 1 icon that is "Speaker"
Recording / Frontmic , Microphone , Line-in , Stereo Mix
Sound / just windows sounds like warning sounds etc so nothing there.

i wish you a goodnight and im looking forward to tomorow.

Back
Top Bottom