hard drive corrupted need urgent help

mikee

Fully Optimized
My friend's hard drive with all his files all of a sudden says it is not formatted and windows won't read it.

Here's what it says in checkdisk

label skooter

file record fragment 8 is unreadable
file record fragment 9 is unreadable
file record fragment 10 is unreadable
file record fragment 11 is unreadable

inseart an index entry into index 50 of file 8955

and it just keeps going with that message.

can anyone help me get the files back?

this is urgent because he has been building a collection of music, tv movies etc for about 8 years on that drive.

Use a forensics program like PC Inspector's File Recovery or Restoration. Wish I could help more :-(

do you think it will work since within windows it says the drive isn't formatted??

I dunno. You should at least give a try. You have nothing to lose.

I used it on a drive that I accidentally erased. It found most all my stuff. Some of it was corrupted as can be expected, but by no fault of the program.

it only allows recovery of 1 file type at a time and there is no mpeg or exe as a file type recovery option

im using a program called hdd recovery now. We'll see how it goes

I didn't run into that problem with PC Inspector. It did take me a few tries to get the thing figured out though.

Hard drive recovery gives you a second chance and helps you reclaim lost data that would otherwise be impossible to restore. You can also try Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery to recover your all data. Once I used this software too when I lost my data due to software malfunction. Try demo version first from here: http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm after installing it scan your disk and if you are able to view your data and you are satisfied with the software so purchased the full version and save your data.

Back
Top Bottom