CNN Reports on President Bush - Where's the Love?

CNN International is actually not too bad. You're right, they should drop CNN domestic and just stick to the format of CNNi instead. Also Headline News isn't all that bad either, but I prefer the simplicity of CNNi. The problem with CNN, Fox news and MSNBC is they clutter the screen with all those stupid tickers and giant words stating the obvious and I find it to be annoying. I do watch fox news from time to time, but they really need to fire all of their studio technicians. I've never seen a news network with so many errors, and their website is terrible too.

CNN International is actually not too bad. You're right, they should drop CNN domestic and just stick to the format of CNNi instead. Also Headline News isn't all that bad either, but I prefer the simplicity of CNNi.

I hope you're joking. Headline News turned into a huge joke when they brought over Glen Beck (now at Fox News), Nancy Grace, and other entertainment-news oriented programs. I can't stomach watching the network, especially when Nancy Grace shoves BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS down my throat.

I do watch fox news from time to time, but they really need to fire all of their studio technicians. I've never seen a news network with so many errors, and their website is terrible too.
Fox News is a real joke to journalism. I stopped watching when they started attacking their competitors. Very unprofessional and crude if you ask me. If I recall correctly, they're also the ones who brought opinion based news program which focused on the host, rather than on the news.

Even CNN and especially MSNBC adapted this format, which is a real shame. Whatever brings in the ratings I guess.

The problem with CNN, Fox news and MSNBC is they clutter the screen with all those stupid tickers and giant words stating the obvious and I find it to be annoying.
I bet CNN still has not grasped this concept. They started tinkering with the graphics package on CNNi, and as a result turned this...

88103960mm4.jpg

...into this...

adsdcopyfh9.jpg

They ruined the ticker by removing the color coordinating subject box (blue was business, black was news, green was sports, and yellow was breaking news) by replacing it with CNN red. Add to the fact that they've added the completely unnecessary and intrusive FROMCNN.COM text to the side. Like viewers didn't know CNN's website domain.

Still better than CNN domestic and CNN Headline News, regardless of the clashing graphics.

Nancy Grace is a b***h but I haven't watched Glenn Beck. I've only watched the stuff they have on in the morning and it's not too bad. The night time or "prime time" line up is where all the crap is. I used to watch them a lot around 6 or 7 years ago and that was when they were at their prime in my opinion because I don't remember CNN having any of the opinion based stuff on there. I think it's a shame that CNN has become so complex. If they'd become more simpler and take away all of the on screen garbage, I think they'd blow everyone else out of the water.

Fox needs to stop attacking their competitors. It's very unprofessional and they really don't have a leg to stand on. As much as I don't like MSNBC, at least they have a decent website. Fox news is a terrible website full of problems and even grammatical errors which I find unacceptable for a news source. I used to use fox as my homepage, but not anymore. Besides, they're usually slow to update their site.

I think Lewis Black addresses the ticker issue pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZ-I-bJJwc

There are news channels biased to both sides. I just watch a little bit of them, read online, and make my own conclusion. Helps to have a Brazilian news channel too.

I think Lewis Black addresses the ticker issue pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZ-I-bJJwc
I absolutely hate the ticker on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News. If you're going to use it, use it correctly. Don't make it intrusive.

I love how CNNi implemented their news "flipper" and how they used to change the left side to correspond with the news story on the right. With this format, I'll instinctively watch the flipper if it turns blue (business) and black (news) and ignore it when it turns green (sports).

As seens here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyE0X30MdSY&feature=related

...but as usual, they killed it. I bet the CNN domestic crew came in and changed this.

There are news channels biased to both sides. I just watch a little bit of them, read online, and make my own conclusion. Helps to have a Brazilian news channel too.

That's the problem. Americans don't have a sense of what's happening around the world. The news media loves to focus on domestic issues. Any international news we receive has to correspond with the war. If it has nothing to do with the war, we don't hear about it.

Americans don't have a sense of what's happening around the world. The news media loves to focus on domestic issues. Any international news we receive has to correspond with the war. If it has nothing to do with the war, we don't hear about it.
That's an over generalization. If it's major, we hear about it. I don't watch the cable news networks any way. Everyone here already touched on why they are so terrible. I just want the news, not a bunch of flashy graphics. I stick to the local newscasts and catch stuff on the web.

This again. It's a non story. The President had previously greeted the gentlemen that were already on stage. It's just another lame attempt by the liberal media to make President Bush bad. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I bet Fox would make it into a better story. :rolleyes:

That's an over generalization. If it's major, we hear about it. I don't watch the cable news networks any way. Everyone here already touched on why they are so terrible. I just want the news, not a bunch of flashy graphics. I stick to the local newscasts and catch stuff on the web.

You're right. That was a generalization, but I still retain my stance on international news.

The coverage of international news on all the big cable networks has declined sharply over the years.

I find it pretty funny how in Brazil more than 50% of the news on the main news program are international events. I've been living here for 5 years and I still find the average American self-centered.

Back
Top Bottom