First Build Mistakes Thread

Spent too much money on a CPU and not nearly enough on the rest of the parts. Keep the parts in more or less the same range (low, mid, high- end), otherwise you WILL bottleneck.

I hate to say this, but my first build went perfectly. Did the research, found the parts I wanted at a good price, and the system fired up the very first time. :D

Just the little things - Like SATA cables and the like.

I've never actually made that mistake, but i'm sure it'd be an easy one to make! :D

I made the mistake of not plugging the extra 12v connector from the PSU into the motherboard, so was confused why it powered up but didn't go much further... haha.
Other than that, things went pretty smoothly.

Can't really think of anything. My system is looking a bit dated at a little over a year old, but I don't regret the purchase. Maybe that I bought 2 graphics cards with a vga and dvi port instead of 2 dvi ports? lol Kinda a weird complaint. My case was cheap and still holds up. The mobo was maybe a bit dated for tech at the time I bought it, but it works fine for me. My 3 Acer LCDs are still holding up fine.

I made the mistake of not plugging the extra 12v connector from the PSU into the motherboard, so was confused why it powered up but didn't go much further... haha.
Other than that, things went pretty smoothly.

same here for me

I forgot to connect the power connector into the motherboard and spent an hour wondering why it wouldn't start.

Back
Top Bottom