Moving to a new case (upgrading a pre-built pc)

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
Well I have been wondering this for a long time and now finally have the money for some upgrades

I have an Acer that I bought pre-built (I was in a hurry and didn't know as much as I do now) and want to start upgrading

Now can I move everything over to a bigger case? (Antec 1200) Would I need a new motherboard right away?

I basically just need help and all the info I can get about upgrading a pre-built to a custom built over time

Thanks Computer Forums <3
ty j03 for the thread suggestion

If I am not mistaken, most pre-builts nowadays is ATX form factor, some BTX... so you should be able to put it in a ATX case just fine.

Yeah, that's what most manufacturers are doing now. Before manufacturers had their own weird standard.

Thanks guys well I'm not sure the mobo and what standard it is
How can I find out?

I wanna move to a bigger case so I have more room for a new PSU, GPU and a motherboard sooner or later

Thanks for the replies and more info would be grrrreat :]

dated motherboards but

atx-bax.jpg

Looks like you're running a basic ATX system. It should be a pretty straight forward swap of drives, motherboard and power supply into the Antec 1200.

Oh yea, don't forget the back plate. :D

how soon should I get a new mobo?

well thats really all up to you...if you have the $$$

Now that Christmas is just around the corner...i'd wait till some heavy deals start coming out...and then see if you can get a sick Mobo on sale or wait until boxing day :)

Back
Top Bottom