Quick Questions.

Not only will that cooler keep your CPU cool, it will also help cool the north bridge chip and the MOSFET by blowing air across the Circu-Pipe heatpipe cooler.

Woah, what are your ambient temps? Live anywhere cold?

Yeah, I live in Maryland, yay....:rolleyes:
I stay in the basement of our house. My computer is right next to the vent. Well, a good bit apart. But, my basement is always ice cold. That's the way I like it!

Take in consideration that the HDT S1283 is only $21.99. It performs a lot better. Especially when overclocking.

ok ill look at it, and i live in california. its allways hot here, especially where i live. i saw the tea fire from my house if you heard about it. so i need something to help keep it pretty cool cause its hot not in the like fall/winter. i put that mb i have, so maybe there is one that would be better than the other. im not sure if it matters though. and running 2 gpu. if i got http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003 will it fit my case, a lot of reviews said its really big http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185125 or sshould i go with this one that isnt as big.

The Freezer 64 Pro is the better of those two simply due to being made out of copper not aluminum allow like the other one. When first getting this case together I hadn't noticed the fan on the 9700 was pushed in just enough to catch the tip of one blade.

The initial cpu temp when checked was ... 107C! :eek: The copper arrayed cooler drew the heat from the fan motor away from the cpu entirely. whew! The array was what got hot when feeling heat coming off of that.

ok im going to go with the arctic freezer one, it will be fine with my msi mb and everything? i think it should be, just one last check.

thanks for the help guys, really good forums, it help my alot. :)

I'll never buy a Scythe again. I had one on an older build and the fan simply let go after a short period of time. That's when I went with the Zalman 9500 for the replacement and that still works fine for the old case I passed along.

Back
Top Bottom