People who run computer repair shops....

IT surprises me how many people go to best buy to get their PC worked on. Like literally, they over charge for so easiest stuff it's Unbelievable.. My friends PC crashed and they were going to charge them for a new video card and to reformat for 500$ When I found out what they were about to do. I put my Acronis cd in, loaded my Generic XP image, and BAM worked great ...

where I live. Bestbuy GeekSquad is just Dominating the Market for PC repair

would never ever go into the pc selling business.

No success on the market these days, and if I did , it would be the old school fashion way, pen and paper

I beg to differ.

We use QuickBooks. Extremely easy, and it's over the internet so you can check it anywhere anytime with internet access. If they host it, they are also responsible for data backup which is one less thing we need to worry about.

In all the shops i've worked in they've used MS Access driven databases and then massively customised it with macros and VBA. To include stock keeping, label printing, job sheets, invoices etc.

I started a long time ago with a command line program written in C# (when I was really starting to learn programming) and then I upgraded the program to one with a GUI. Both I designed myself and both ran off of MS Access 97 Databases.

Back
Top Bottom