Nvidia v180.48 Driver Problem.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

Last night I updated my 9800GTX vid card drivers to the new v180.48. I did it first by removing the old one via CP, restarting PC in a safe mod and using “Driver Sweeper” to fully get rid of all the leftovers.

When I installed the new once, everything seems to work great accept for the “Manage 3D setting” in “3D settings” task option. When you go there, there always was a list of all the games that are installed on my PC and I was able to change the vid settings for each individual game. Right now there are no games there, but instead there is like Windows movie player… and some other useless junk that I have absolutely no need for. When I try to manually add games there that doesn't work ether.. I added WoW in there & it did show me the WoW icon, I then started to change the settings, but when I entered the game, the settings didn't take affect… When I try to add the .exe icon for CS 1.6 instead of “Half Life” icon its giving me “Steam”….

Some might ask why make such a big deal about this, well I play WoW on all app controlled settings just because I can change everything in game, but I need to have full AA & full AF for CS 1.6 because I cant change It in game & changing the global setting back and forth because I do balance this 2 games on the daily bases is just very inconvenient & very easy to forget.

Please help.

It's the driver, I doubt there is a fix and I guess you'll have to wait until the next release, I lost my fan speed control in Asus Smart Doctor with the 180.84 so I went back to the 178.24 (9800GTX)

I lost the fan control as well in RivaTuner, but that happened because I didn't remove the previous driver version and didn't use the Driver Sweeper afterwards. I then had to re do it, by properly removing the drivers and reinstalling, I then gat my fan speed control back.

Does anyone have a link to the previous driver version for 9800GTX?

Which operating system are you running?

There is an archive at NVIDIA of old and beta drivers but you need to input the OS to get to the relevent drivers

LINK

I find RivaTuner too "clunky" for something as simple as fan speed control, the Asus Smart Doctor is fairly lightweight in comparision. Obviously it is for Asus cards only though.

I have emailed Asus Tech Support for a solution but the clowns wanted me to install a 175.xx driver, they didn't read my email properly that the issue was with the 180.48 driver.

I really don't hold out much hope of a fix anytime soon so I guess if I want to have fan control with the new driver I might have to return to RivaTuner.

Cheers

:)

Thats purfect True Folder thanks!

I have Vista 64 bit

What im also going to do is try to uncheck the "Show only programs found on this computer" checkbox. That should give me a full list af all the games that these drivers support.

+1

Back
Top Bottom