Please Review my i7 Build. Is everything right?

thanks! what CPU cooler is that?

also, what was wrong? vdroop??? I have no idea!

also, the gtx 260 core 216 superclocked performs very close to the gtx 280, from the reviews I've read. I'll be playing on a 24" LCD.

+ rep for all of you helpers! you rock
vdroop is not going to be an issue for you unless you're into high end overclocking, don't worry about it.

The pictured cooler is a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

never skimp om a psu, if you can afford the 1000W then get it.

vdroop is not going to be an issue for you unless you're into high end overclocking, don't worry about it.

The pictured cooler is a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

never skimp om a psu, if you can afford the 1000W then get it.

thanks! I can afford the 1000w, but I'd save $130 on a 750watt. it's the same brand, just less wattage. the 750w should be fine, right? even if I decide to add another gtx 260?

No, never get a lot more power than you need. That can be dangerous.
"There is a popular misconception that a greater power capacity (watt output capacity) is always better. Since supplies are self-certified, a manufacturer's claims may be double or more what is actually provided.[7] Although a too-large power supply will have an extra margin of safety as far as not over-loading, a larger unit is often less efficient at lower loads (under 20% of its total capability) and therefore will waste more electricity than a more appropriately sized unit. Additionally, computer power supplies generally do not function properly if they are too lightly loaded. Under no-load conditions they may shut down or malfunction."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_power_supply#Small_facts_to_consider

You do realize that there isn't much of a difference in speed? Since he already he has one of the best setups currently possible. The likelihood of the cpu even slowing down a tad, is slim to none? You're talking about the card taking a load off of the cpu? When he installs the sound card he will have to install the software. Which actually uses up more CPU cycles. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's just the way I see it.

Trust me, Having a dedicated sound card is highly recommended. Even the cheap 24-bit Creative Sound Blaster is a huge difference from onboard. It gives you added reverb AND 3D sound (X-Fi). I was glad I spent an extra 24 bucks on my sound card because it sound fantastic!

I agree I am a bit of an audiophile but it is completely worth it.

..... snip .....
Considering that information has not been updated to cover X58/ i7 / SLi I doubt its relevance.

However, I have posted the question in Tims thread asking for his thoughts on the matter, as one of the worlds premier overclockers I'm sure he will give a more accurate assessment than a dated Wiki page.

;)

To be continued ......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK i just ordered everything from newegg! w00t!

How much?

actually, I didn't order everything yet. It will come to $2300, with tons of accessories added.

let me just ask you, can you please review all of that - is it all 100% compatible? should I have any problems building it?

You do realize that there isn't much of a difference in speed? Since he already he has one of the best setups currently possible. The likelihood of the cpu even slowing down a tad, is slim to none? You're talking about the card taking a load off of the cpu? When he installs the sound card he will have to install the software. Which actually uses up more CPU cycles. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's just the way I see it.
You Do realise i think you dont know what you are talking about?

For 1 thing,an addon soundcard sounds MUCH better than any on board will ever sound.

And Second,Having an added souncard does provide better performance in games,in X-Fi Sound card (the Higher models) people have been getting 3 - 10 FPS Increases because the CPU No longer has to work on processing the sound.

Lastly,When he installs the card and the software with it,he can disable the software and simply just use the windows audio control panel,drivers DONT use CPU usage what so ever.

Oh and joe,EVERYTHING is 110% Compatible :D

Back
Top Bottom