LAN Party Questions...

I Have been asked if i can to organize a few rigs for a friends upcoming LAN party,we are going to play CS:S,These are the 3 rigs im supplying (Not counting mine :D).I havnt listed my laptop,because i know that runs CSS no problems.

PC1:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
256mb RAM
XP Pro
nVidia MX440 128mb

PC2:

AMD Athlon 2400 (2.0Ghz?)
512mb RAM
XP Pro
nVidia MX440 64mb

Will these computers run CSS Ok? Also being Lowend computers,will using Wifi instead of ethernet slow them down also?

well i've tried to run this game couple of months ago from my PC (CPU = 3.7ghz; ram=2gb; graphics = 256mb). It run, but it was lagging all the time (despite me setting the graphics settings to minimum details... :( so i guess its gonna be even worse with those comps!!! can u imagine to play this game - you're aiming at a vicitm, and the next moment u're dead with a brutal headshot. Why? cause the enemy had all the time in the world to aim at your precious head until you were actually not playing the game, but seeing screenshots from it :D

I Have been asked if i can to organize a few rigs for a friends upcoming LAN party,we are going to play CS:S,These are the 3 rigs im supplying (Not counting mine :D).I havnt listed my laptop,because i know that runs CSS no problems.

PC1:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
256mb RAM
XP Pro
nVidia MX440 128mb

PC2:

AMD Athlon 2400 (2.0Ghz?)
512mb RAM
XP Pro
nVidia MX440 64mb

Will these computers run CSS Ok? Also being Lowend computers,will using Wifi instead of ethernet slow them down also?

Old PC with an MX440 ran CS:S fine with DX7.

Eh. I'd only want to play CS on those cards... CS:S Would be pushing it, IMO.

Especially with the RAM of the first PC

Back
Top Bottom