Disabling Push / Pull

AmagicalFishy

Baseband Member
If I've read correctly, the phrase "push / pull" refers to one fan pushing air out while the other pulls.

I've also read, several times, that with the 8000-series of graphics card, it tends to lower DPS significantly.

Is there a way to disable this?

You can't do a push-pull setup on a graphics card. You can only do this with tower-style coolers. As far as I know, none exist for graphics cards.

I don't know what DPS is, but why would fans have any effect on it?

I think he means FPS (D is next to the F :p), and the answer is, it won't if the card is kept at a temperature where the cores temperature isn't exceeding around 110-120 degrees C. Any lower than that, and the cards can generally handle it (110-120 degrees C I believe is the guideline amount by Nvidia where the core will slow)

As for push/pull in terms of fan configs, graphics cards will generally drag in hopefully cool air with the fan from within the case, and then push it out as hot air also through exausts at the back after its been through the internals.
This is to cool the graphics card down, and unless your case is like a furnace (not enough cold air getting in, and in that case, I insist you add more drag fans at the back of your case to bring cold air in), the temperatures should not exceed the amount in which the core of the main GPU would slow down, and thus, lower FPS.

Heh, didn't think of that. Anyway Kage is right. I think he was referring to with the whole push/pull thing is when you have a fan on the front and back of a heatsink like this:

pushpulltruedw8.jpg

DOn't worry about the card. The FPS rate won't go down unless overheating, like Kage said. Also, it would artifact as well...artifacting is where you see random colors or lines flying accross the screen.

Since we're talking like FPS...I feel like Half-Life 2...toodles!

Indeed...I bought the Orange box today along with Half-Life, at 0.98 and I've finishe Episode one...HL2 took me days to finish it.

I'm stuck on the last part on Episode 2. Makes me wonder if I should have set the highest difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom