Striving for the top...

Yes. I'm striving for the top. I want to be #1 :D. My goal is simple. Achieve the highest OC on air on a AMD Athlon 64 5400+ X2. BE and regular. Before I can do that, I need to know what the highest is. So for those who'd like to be part of it, I ask you that you help me search for the top OC on this processor. I know I've seen someone with a 3450MHz clock over at extremeoverclockers. He got his OC on his garage in the winter. I know the max I've seen on mine is 3385MHz, but that was after one day of OC'ing. Anybody think I can do it? If not achieve the top, at least 3.5GHz.

edit: I found this: http://www.ripping.org/database.php?cpuid=693

Supposedly has the world's top OCs on the CPU. Remember now that I'm trying to achieve the top on air. Fair to say 3.51 is my goal?

edit2: I really want a SB700 now!!!

I've never seen AMD CPU's clocking too high. I don't know what the record is on air either. Good luck and be sure to post screenies :D

Oh I definitely will. Considering I'm running an SB600, I think I'm doing pretty well. It would be nice if my case would support more than 2 fans too.

Hole saws are supposed to be really easy to use. All you do is cut a hole where you want lol.

It is metal, so it's gonna be a little hard to cut. Just go slow, you don't want the metal getting too hot and leaving a black spot where you made the cut.

Also...how much does this hole saw cost? I'm like broke lol.

Running Prime95 small FFTs @ 1.65VCore 203MHz x17 (3451MHz). Temperatures are @ 51C. This will most likely be the max possible because my VCore won't go up any higher. Should I raise the CPU Frequency more than I raise my multiplier? Do you think that would make a difference?

edit: I'm so pissed! The freaking SB600 doesn't like my VCore at 1.65 even though temperatures are at 51C which is under the limit of an AMD processor. Grrrr!!!!!!!! It will post when I change it, but when I go to reboot it doesn't post. Right now I'm running at 3366MHz (16.5x204 VCore 1.55). Will messing with the HT values give me any more room?

edit2: I'm stuck at 3382Mhz..

Back
Top Bottom