New Xbox update?

I like it though. I'm still creating my Avatar, and liking it :D

EDIT:

Done it!

EDIT 2:

Oh :( 1680x1050 actually looks worse even though its the resolution of my monitor. It simply places large black bars top and bottom :(

Whats worse, it can't be doing it right either, because circles look even more stretched so infact the standard res actually looked better:(

Which is the closest 16:9 resolution to 1680x1050 then?
Probably 1280x768 right?

I should have known it wouldn't have fully supported 16:10...thats a waste...especially the fact it still stretches like crazy.

EDIT 3:

I also wish that the start up video after it finished downloading replaced the start up logo, but a shorter version maybe. It looked so much better than the standard startup logo haha

I'm somewhat excited, however I hope it doesn't turn into the Wii. I bought a 360 because I didn't want the Wii "cartoon" experience. For the most part, I think it'll be a nice change as long as they don't make it too childish.

You can tell they are trying to make the Xbox 360 seem more family friendly though...

You can tell they are trying to make the Xbox 360 seem more family friendly though...

Ya. From what I've seen I like the visual aspect but I think it might be a bit too friendly.. those people that want "friendly" need to get a Wii. :D

I like it though. I'm still creating my Avatar, and liking it :D

EDIT:

Done it!

EDIT 2:

Oh :( 1680x1050 actually looks worse even though its the resolution of my monitor. It simply places large black bars top and bottom :(

Whats worse, it can't be doing it right either, because circles look even more stretched so infact the standard res actually looked better:(

Which is the closest 16:9 resolution to 1680x1050 then?
Probably 1280x768 right?

I should have known it wouldn't have fully supported 16:10...thats a waste...especially the fact it still stretches like crazy.

EDIT 3:

I also wish that the start up video after it finished downloading replaced the start up logo, but a shorter version maybe. It looked so much better than the standard startup logo haha
Letter box? Psh, lame. 360 on my Acer 19" (native 1680x1050) looks okay at 1280x768. It doesn't look stretched or anything to me.

Yeah, but I could tell it was slightly stretched, and wasn't 1:1 ratioed in pixel either, ever so slightly.

But yeah, letterboxed, and quite badly too... It actually looks worse, so I went back to 1280x768.

In a way, I'm now happier because I know the setting that finally came, didn't help.

EDIT:

I guess it might have something to do with the fact that, if it was full screen, games would have to be fixed, because you'd be able to see more on screen, that maybe you wouldn't have been allowed to see, but it looked particularly bad with Geo Wars 2...

I play on either a 109" Screen (racing only) 65" for anything or a 22" LCD in my room.

:D

I have a 37 inch 720P screen downstairs, but I prefer my Xbox 360 up here where my PC is, as it also has the router right by it, wired.

If I had to move it downstairs, like with my PS3 (which can't be connected at the moment), I wouldn't get to play it much because of people always using the room, and to be honest, my PS3 acts as more of a film player than a game player at the minute. Its so good at upconverting DVD's, that I can't really tell I'm not watching a high def.

Back
Top Bottom