Slow

Goldeneye

Baseband Member
I don't understand why my laptop is getting so slow. It was purchased 2 years ago. HP DV4000 ...Win XP Home ...Celeron M ...512MB Ram... Anyways I did a full system recovery...formating the HDD and reinstall XP fresh. It is still very slow of doing a full recovery ~5-6 times through owning it. Anyways I just did it recently and it still is taking over a minute to open Internet explorer sometimes. Is there anything I can do to get it back closer to original speed? I will be getting a new laptop (Macbook hopefully) at the end of June but this one will have to last untill then. Also, it seems that Mac's don't slow down near as much as PC's (in the situation I just stated) is that true?

try running CCCleaner, it cleans up the registrey which could speed up your computer a little.

As for Mac's...i'm a mac user and i've had my laptop for awhile now...and it hasn't slowed down on me yet...i use it for various things...downloading, surfing, school, videos, etc...and it still performs as fast as it did out of the box :)

My wife has a Lenovo (brand new) laptop.
That thing is slow loading and slow shutting down.
We thought it was the nature of the beast.

I did the CCleaner and I haven't had a chance to use the computer since I have done that. I will see how it works over the next few days but it did find a lot of registry errors. Also, I dont know if I mentioned it is a laptop. So is there an easy way to check for dust. I did already check underneath the lid where the RAM is but there was not any dust under there. Not sure how to get to the processor or fans to check for dust...

Back
Top Bottom