cant overclock amd athlon 5400 BE

Yup, it appears to be page 25. Set the Overclock Navigator to Manual Overclock. Then you can select the Processor Frequency Multiplier and change it from Auto to whatever setting you like. Most are having good luck with x16.

If you are unable to change the multi, are you sure that you have a 5400+ BE?

so times 16 times what. my probably says like 2000 mhz 16 times 2000. that 32 ghz. and i missing somthing. joga what one do you have it on. i need precise text. i swear a have a defect

Don't touch anything but the Processor Frequency Multiplier. Leave the other settings at the defaults for now.

ok i know what the PFM is and where it is but i dont get why the numbers are so big inside it. 25x5000 mhz dont make since to me.(highest setting)

You have the CPU Frequency and the CPU Frequency Multiplier. These are the only 2 things you want to change in order to increase you clock. I have my CPU Frequency set to 203MHz and the CPU Frequency Multiplier set to 16.5x. Not all chips are the same, therefore they OC differently. Also your temps are different than mine. Slowly, raise the multiplier and run small FFTs (Prime95) for 10 min to check for stability. If you don't get an error raise it again. If you do get an error set the CPU Frequency Multiplier to the highest setting that kept the system stable. Now raise the CPU Frequency until as much as possible while keeping stable. Once you have no more room, raise the VCore by .1. Always keep an eye on temperatures. The temperature cap for AMDs are in the 60s-70s. On my BIOS I have auto-shutdown at 60C. Keep raising settings in the order I told you until you feel satisfied by it or until your temps don't allow you to OC anymore.

That's odd. The Processor Frequency Multiplier should just show x14, x15, x16, etc. Yours shows like 25x5000?

I understand that part Joga. He's saying that the PFM is showing things like 25x5000. I'm confused as to where he's getting the 5000 part from.

not even kidding thats the bottom bottom choice. joga. dont we have the same boards and cpu. why do you have diff choice then i? atomic- maybe the 5000 means the final clock. wait nevermind cause the lowest one is 4x800. who clocks to 800 mhz. noone

show me the site you saw "my manual" on.

Back
Top Bottom