can't get on newegg

is the laptop wiredf or wireless sorry if you already said im not too good on the memoery side of things lol

also is it just this pc this location , ie have you tried it another plac wiith this laptop say a library or school a friends house anywhere

Both wired and wireless are affected and it's only at my girlfiends that it's a problem. It works fine everywhere else on wire and wireless. My girlfriend's laptop can connect to it just fine off the same router...

even though your convinceed it isnt the router , i would reflash it with the latest firmware available from the manufacturers site it seems to be the only thing at fault

unless are you using eset smart security by any chance

not the smart security, just the anti virus

I can re-flash the router, but first I want to hear what your thinking about NOD32

well in smart security there is a firewall and basically when you first install it it asks you what mode you wish to use on the network out of
"strict protection" and the "sharing mode" iu was going to say if you where using ss you could try turning strict protection off for this network see if it makes any difference it was a bit of a long shot really

although does your version of antivirus have web access protection because if so i would just have a quick check in its settings to ensure everything is running smooth in there

try taking all start up things off and load basic drivers in msconfig

Already at the bare minimum for that. That hasn't changed recently either...

I tried messing around with all of NOD32's settings and nothing. Also tried right into the wall... nothing. I do not have access to the modem. It's an appartment that supplies us with internet we just gotta get the router.

I still think it's the hosts file. It worked when you manually entered it in there. However, I do not feel it is the router because IMO your girlfriend would have the same problem if she was going through the same router. Just put that line in the hosts file and say "Welcome Back Newegg, I missed ya!!!"

did you turn of your internet anti virus?

also goto google type newegg and click cache under the search

also try newegg.com just that.

turning off AV didn't help. Not sure that i did teh google thing right when I tried so i'll try it again. I do know that just newegg.com doesn't work.

If the cache thing doesn't work I may just call it fixed with the host file, as much as I don't like workarounds liike taht.

Back
Top Bottom