Found the Best Media Player Ever!

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
Jet Audio

I have been using it a lot recently and I found I fell in love with it. I haven't bought the program yet so I don't have access to a few features yet, but I am going to buy it soon.

Here's a link on a few of the things. It's free minus a few extras:
http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/jetaudio/

Audio
So far what I have found out is that the EQ is way better than that of iTunes or any other audio player I have ever used. It plays just about every file type imaginable and can convert them to anything you could think of.
Here's a list of the Audio Codecs it supports:

Windows Sound (WAV)
MPEG Audio(MP1, MP2, MP3) including mp3PRO
MPEG Audio Playlist (PLS, M3U)
Windows Media Audio (WMA)
Ogg Vorbis Audio (OGG)
Apple Audio (AIF and AIFF)
SUN Audio (AU and SND)
RealMedia (RA, RAM, RM, RMM)
MIDI (MID, RMI and KAR)
IMS (Module Karaoke)
Module Format (MOD, S3M, XM, MTM, STM, IT, ULT, 669, FAIR, MED, MDL, MDL, NST, OKT and
WOW)
Monkey's Audio (APE)
Musepack Audio (MPC)
Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Speex (SPX)
True Audio (TTA)
WavPack Audio (WV)

I love ogg when I want quality and space that is better than a MP3. FLAC I use just for extreme quality. I haven't tested out any of the other codecs but I do love ogg.

It supports an easy way to edit tags and has an easy way to manage albums etc.

The program allows for CD burning and has tons of audio enhancements including BBE sound enhancements. The one draw back is that to have BBE, you have to pay an extra $8. You can however test BBE for a few seconds by enabling it, the program then shuts it off after a few seconds. It would be really worth the $8 for the sound it plays. :)

The program also allows for voice recording etc.

Video
Video is excellent and has plently of enhancements to that as well. Video Formats that are supported are:
Windows Video (AVI)
MPEG Video (MPG, MPEG)
Windows Media Video (ASF, WMV)
DivX Video (AVI, DIVX) *
Ogg Media (OGM) *
Matroska Video (MKV) *
MP4 Video (MP4) *
Flash Video (FLV) *
QuickTime (QT, MOV and MP4) **
* Requires additional codec from third party
For example, you should install DivX codec to play DivX format video files.
** Requires QuickTime 4 or higher

The program allows for video conversion as well, but to convert a file that is over 30 seconds long, you will have to shell out another $8.

The program is made by Cowon, a great PMP company. It's completely free if you don't wish to have all the little add ons. You could buy the add-ons separately or buy them as a package.

I just wanted to make a thread for this because I was bored. Enjoy the player if you download it.

I prefer VLC Media player.

It looks to me like that application just steals stuff from other, free programs and sells it...

I don't have a use for 90% of those files, so I just use Winamp for music and VLC for video files.

I don't have a use for 90% of those files, so I just use Winamp for music and VLC for video files.
I hve been using winamp, but it gets a little annoying sometimes... after a couple months it stops working for some reason... and I cant just drag music to my playlist from the files, I have to import them to my library and then add them via winamp only, cant just drag the file...

Yeah, I love Cowan I-Audio players :) Their new player looks pretty fantastic, and its making me want to buy it, since the audio quality of them, surpasses even Creative, which I've found out from first hand experience.

I tried JetAudio out at some point, when I had my first I-Audio player, and was pretty impressed at the time. I can't remember what happened exactly.
I love the fact it could play module formats straight off the bat, unlike Winamp which needs plugins to do such things.

Its a shame I-Audio players don't have the functionality of playing mod,xm, etc formats on the portable players :( I'd love to have one that did

Good and all I guess if your actually inside your house with the speakers in...:rolleyes:
I can't stand being anywhere on my own without music with me

I hve been using winamp, but it gets a little annoying sometimes... after a couple months it stops working for some reason... and I cant just drag music to my playlist from the files, I have to import them to my library and then add them via winamp only, cant just drag the file...
I'm pretty sure you can drag them into your library, and then into the playlist.

Back
Top Bottom